Coffee & Tea Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Right now- Warm Aldi Oatmilk with 3 TB Hills Bros French Vanilla Cappuccino powder
I know you were waiting for your oat milk from Aldi - what's the verdict?

I had my usual black dark roast coffee this morning and it was so blasted hot this afternoon that I picked up an iced Americano on the way home from grocery shopping.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know you were waiting for your oat milk from Aldi - what's the verdict?
It's really good! Almond milk is still my favorite though.

been lemonade
I have been craving lemonade. I wonder if I could find it in cans? They are more convenient.

Venti Iced Latte
What is that? Is it sweet at all?

This morning- Great Value medium roast coffee with 2 TB Hills Bros French Vanilla Cappuccino powder
After my walk- Cherry Vanilla Coke
After dinner- Half cup Great Value medium roast coffee, half cup Aldi Oatmilk, 2 TB Hills Bros French Vanilla Cappuccino powder

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I really like iced coffee... I used to even get it occasionally, during the winter!!

Cold Brew is the way to go!! really good with almond milk.. less acid.. I just tell them to make it unsweetened--no sugar..

I get it from Dunkin or Starbucks. As a matter of fact, I could use one right now!! I really prefer the Cold Brew from Dunkin over their regular iced coffee... not as much acid, with a bolder flavor.

Not sleeping well. I think it is from Covid 'burnout'.... staying inside too much, along with the hot, humid weather, is really beginning to wear on me...

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I have an almond milk question for those of you who use it. I’ve been wanting to try the unsweetened almond milk but the smallest container I can find is a quart. And while the sell/use by date may be weeks in the future, the cartons all read, “Use within 7 to 10 days of opening.” How firm is that? I don’t think I can use a quart in 10 days. I’d probably use it in 14, though.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Morning- Great Value medium roast with 2 TB french vanilla cappuccino powder. My dad accidentally got me medium roast. I hate it, I miss my dark roast so bad! 😭 I'll try to make it stronger tomorrow, but I used 1/2 cup today. Maybe I'll try 3/4 cup grounds?

Right now- Great Value medium roast, Aldi Oatmilk, 2 TB french vanilla cappuccino powder

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Morning- Great Value medium roast with 2 TB french vanilla cappuccino powder. My dad accidentally got me medium roast. I hate it, I miss my dark roast so bad! 😭 I'll try to make it stronger tomorrow, but I used 1/2 cup today. Maybe I'll try 3/4 cup grounds?

Right now- Great Value medium roast, Aldi Oatmilk, 2 TB french vanilla cappuccino powder
Medium roast is my favorite! But the only decaf I could find in the brand I normally buy is dark roast.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
But the only decaf I could find in the brand I normally buy is dark roast.
Did you buy the dark roast decaf? I'll trade ya! Honestly it has this bold, dark, almost smoky, earthy wonderfulness that I just can't live without. I might have to just put this medium stuff on a shelf and buy some dark roast.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did you buy the dark roast decaf? I'll trade ya! Honestly it has this bold, dark, almost smoky, earthy wonderfulness that I just can't live without. I might have to just put this medium stuff on a shelf and buy some dark roast.
I did! I'm getting used to it because I don't want to over do the caffeine, but I still need the illusion of lots of coffee, but I will be glad come January when I can go back to my normal medium roasts!

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I did! I'm getting used to it because I don't want to over do the caffeine, but I still need the illusion of lots of coffee, but I will be glad come January when I can go back to my normal medium roasts!
The darker the roast the less caffeine it has. It seems like it should be the other away around because of the stronger taste but it's not. Light roasts have more. Which Coffee Roast Has the Most Caffeine?

Today I had Freedom Fuel from BLACK RIFLE COFFEE COMPANY I just added that as a new subscription. Very good but all of their coffee is.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, try making it really strong and then adding water to get it to your desired strength. I've heard that coffee experts do that because it cuts down on bitterness. It may not have the roastiness of dark roast but it should be smoother at least.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Morning- tried making the Great Value medium roast with 3/4 cup grounds. It didn't improve it much. Added 2 TB french vanilla cappuccino powder

After walk- Cherry Vanilla Coke

Right now- Great Value medium roast, Aldi oatmilk, 2 TB French vanilla cappuccino powder

Status
Not open for further replies.