Coffee & Tea Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
While running a few errands yesterday I stopped to treat myself to an iced cafe latte. It tasted sooooooo good!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Sipping a Dunkin Donuts Iced Cold Brew Coffee with Almond milk.... went out early, Senior Hours. In store at 6:45am!! stopped to full up car with gas; home by 7:40am..

Found some Lysol Lemon Cleaning spray!!! The shelf was stocked with it!! The dishsoap area only had Ajax; all the others were gone! Surprised to see that, because they did have some Dawn, and plenty of Palmolive; when I was there on Tuesday. Weird.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
DH got a few Starbucks cards for Father's Day so I know we'll be making a trip there today. ☕ He's more of a tea drinker and likes their Refresher drinks in summer.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I wanted to revive this thread with the hot days of summer we've been experiencing. I hope M maggiedemi comes back soon since she would post here regularly. 🤗 While running errands I've been picking up an iced Americano to quench my thirst and get my caffeine fix.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Has anywone heard from M maggiedemi ??? I am just hoping that she is ok... I remember she hd some issues with another member on here.. hopefully, that did not cause her to leave...

Anyway, to get back on track.
I am trying unsweetened coconut milk with my tea. Not impressed. I find I am using more of it than my regular unsweetened almond milk.. not much of a taste...

I will finish up the quart, then move on to oatmilk. The one I bought has a ton of calories in it. It is unsweetened!!!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Speaking of coffee, DH and I took a ride to a local roaster yesterday. It's about 30 minutes from our house. Not only do they have wonderful coffee beans but tasty drinks, (hot and cold). They are an independent small business so I like to help support them. We would have sat outside with our drinks but it was too hot and humid. I picked up two bags of my favorite freshly roasted beans which should last me awhile until my next visit. ☕

I miss M maggiedemi too and hope she's feeling okay. 🤗 Maybe she just needed to take a break but hopefully will post soon. :crossfingers:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I miss M maggiedemi too, and also hope she's well, and finds time to come back to TCS soon.

As for coffee/tea, even though it's hot, I've had a couple cups of my cafe mocha on days that I was craving a chocolate-y treat. But no green tea at all. More water and lemonade in the summer time. Sometimes iced tea too, which I guess fits this thread.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Despite the heat and humidity, I am still having hot tea for breakfast, and afternoon. Many days are hot green tea, while AC is on..

When I go shopping, I always get a Cold Brew Iced Coffee.. so good.. less acidic than regular... light with almond milk.

Still going through the carton of coconut milk... not again.. not for me...

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
At the end of the coconut milk!! Tomorrow will be the Oat Milk... lots more calories.. but I will try it..
Good luck, please let us know how you like it. The Oatly brand is my favorite.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope she didn't get Covid or have something else happen to her health wise.
If living with dragon lady hasn't killed me yet, Corona sure won't! ❤

Our microwave broke, so I had to heat my leftover coffee on the stove. 😭 It was half Great Value Sumatra dark roast, half Milkadamia Macadamia Milk, and 3 TB of Hills Bros French Vanilla Cappuccino. Fancy!

Me & dad were going to buy a new microwave, but dragon lady screams "Nooooo! I'm picking it out!" You should have seen how scary she looked with her teeth showing. I wonder how long it will take her to pick one out. Guess I'll be heating it on the stove for a while. 🙄

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi It is so good to see you back. We were worried about you.

Shame about the microwave and your mom... Can you wait a week; if she shows no progress, then just go and get it yourself, with your dad.. And see what how she reacts to that.. can you just ignore her... Bullies need to be stood up to.. You found that out, many months ago.
((((hugs)))))
~~~~~~~
The oatmilk was good.. I may try it again, but I really prefer the almond milk.

Oatmilk is more expensive. I will pick up a carton, in a couple of weeks... just to switch around a bit. I still have a quart of rice milk, in the cabinet. It is a shelf life quart. I find shelf life milks are much easier to keep in supply; especially when I cannot drink regular milk..

Back to almond milk...
Oat milk does seem to be creamier.. but....

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you wait a week; if she shows no progress, then just go and get it yourself, with your dad.. And see what how she reacts to that.. can you just ignore her... Bullies need to be stood up to.
Dad & I are going to town this week, maybe I can convince him to get one. He is afraid of her though. My surgeon is the only one who has ever stood up to her. He said "Get that woman out of your life or you will always be sick!"

I see on Aldi's website that they have Oatmilk now! I don't know if it is in stores or just Instacart delivery. We get a delivery every 2 weeks. I might get some. It's $3.29 for 64oz.
1596373578883.png

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
M maggiedemi We've all missed you and so excited you're back. :cheerleader: I hope your dad and you continue to work together to take care of one another.:hugs: We are all here for support and you can count on us to listen whenever you need us.:rbheart:

I have a lot of chores to do around the house this week but thankfully have a good supply of my favorite dark roast coffee just in case I need a jolt. ☕

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If living with dragon lady hasn't killed me yet, Corona sure won't! ❤

Our microwave broke, so I had to heat my leftover coffee on the stove. 😭 It was half Great Value Sumatra dark roast, half Milkadamia Macadamia Milk, and 3 TB of Hills Bros French Vanilla Cappuccino. Fancy!

Me & dad were going to buy a new microwave, but dragon lady screams "Nooooo! I'm picking it out!" You should have seen how scary she looked with her teeth showing. I wonder how long it will take her to pick one out. Guess I'll be heating it on the stove for a while. 🙄
I'm so glad you're back amd okay!!!

Lol, last week I left my travel mug of decaf that I take to my babysitting job on the counter and had to get Dunkin decaf. Instead of trying to heat it up that evening when I got home, I just put ice in it and called it iced coffee.

Status
Not open for further replies.