Coffee & Tea Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They don't have to be expensive. I think it's worth it. You can also use it to grind nuts, seeds, herbs and spices.
Thanks. That's quite tempting because I could use it for nuts and spices when cooking.

Once you grind your own beans you'll never go back to buying ground coffee again.
Well now I'm really curious. I'll have to try it.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This morning I heated up a mug of soy milk, added 2 tsp Community dark roast instant coffee, and 1 TB sugar. It tasted similar to a cappuccino! I think it just needed vanilla syrup? Maybe I could make these myself cheaper than buying the cappuccino mix.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My French Vanilla Syrup finally shipped. I can't wait to try it. I wonder how it will taste in comparison to the powder.
I'm out of cappuccino until my orders get here and I just finished up the last of my instant coffee tonight.
Tomorrow I'll have to either brew some in the coffee maker or drink tea.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This morning I brewed a pot of New England Hazelnut ground coffee. I drank 2 cups black. It was pretty good! I made it really strong, with 1/2 cup ground coffee.

ritz

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Love the discussion about coffee! I like REALLY strong coffee. I use two coffee scoops of ground coffee to one cup of water. Pour over method. My favorite brand is Gevalia (dark roast). I add sweetener and milk. Over the years I've lost my taste for coffee that comes pre-flavored (banana anyone!). I haven't found a really good brand decaf coffee--any suggestions? I sometimes flavor decaf coffee with cinnamon to give it some taste. When I've feeling rich or really want to treat myself I buy coffee from the local coffee shop (NOT Starbucks). Ocean City (New Jersey) Coffee has the best quality beans IMHO.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I like REALLY strong coffee. Pour over method.
When I've feeling rich or really want to treat myself I buy coffee from the local coffee shop (NOT Starbucks).
I echo your love of coffee and also use the pour over method with a Melitta Pour Over Cone Brewer. I can't agree more, whole beans from a local roaster are the best. :agree:

I just finished my first cup of black dark roast coffee and I'm almost ready for a second. ;)

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I played around with my French Vanilla Syrup this morning. It tastes exactly like regular white sugar! This doesn't taste anything like cappuccino, so I will stick to my cappuccino mix. But it was fun to try. I put it in my hazelnut coffee that I brewed in the drip coffee maker, with milk added.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got my Aldi French Vanilla Cappuccino and Coconut Milk, so I made a hot cappuccino with that. It was good, but sweet. I'll cut it back to 3 TB instead of 4 next time.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Had my French vanilla cappuccino made with warm coconut milk again. I don't think I like coconut milk. Too sweet. I prefer almond milk and soy milk.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Had my French vanilla cappuccino made with warm coconut milk again. I don't think I like coconut milk. Too sweet. I prefer almond milk and soy milk.
I prefer almond milk too! :thumbsup: My second choice would be oat milk.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My Amazon order has shipped !!! So my Cafe Mocha is on its way! Maybe I should use up those last few teaspoons to celebrate. :lol: (estimated delivery date is May 11, btw)

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had my French vanilla cappuccino mixed with warm rice milk. I don't like this either, too sweet. I'll stick to soy milk & almond milk. I might try a few other nut milks like cashew and macadamia.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'll stick to soy milk & almond milk. I might try a few other nut milks like cashew and macadamia.
I completely forgot about cashew milk. :doh: Thanks for reminding me. I had it when I was visiting one of my daughters because that's what they use in cereal, etc. I loved the brand they buy, it's called Elmhurst. But when I looked for it here it was more expensive than what they paid so I only bought it once when it was on sale. I'm really picky when it comes to certain name brands.😉

Status
Not open for further replies.