Coffee & Tea Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am, unfortunately, caffeine sensitive. So it is two 8 oz cups of coffee before 10:00 am and no caffeine the rest of the day or I can’t get to sleep at night. But sometimes I just crave an afternoon coffee.
I'm the opposite. I can drink a huge cup of coffee and go take a nap. DD too. We are professionals though. Nappers that is. :lol: :sleep2:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm the opposite. I can drink a huge cup of coffee and go take a nap. DD too. We are professionals though. Nappers that is. :lol: :sleep2:
I wish. Because of the morning coffee I cannot nap, no matter how tired I am I won’t fall asleep.

KittyCat Angel

A lover of cats ❤
Young Cat
Purraise
I am always looking for coffee on sale. I actually do not like too much caffeine so I purchase both kinds. Some of the cheapo coffee is actually quite good! And the opposite as well ☕

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
Robert likes the bottles of Starbucks mocha frappuccino but they're pretty proud of them. He found a copyat recipe that makes an identical one for about 1/7 of the cost. He makes it up a gallon at a time and it quickly disappears.

I'm one of those with super-receptor taste buds, and no matter the quality, all coffee is extremely bitter to me and the bitterness lingers for hours. I stick to tea.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks for revitalizing this thread on one of my favorite subjects. ☕ Last week I discovered a new coffee that is roasted locally. I prefer to support local suppliers whenever possible.

KittyCat Angel

A lover of cats ❤
Young Cat
Purraise
I think coffee can actually become a nice hobby for some. At some point I may try freshly ground beans . ☕🎅

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I received a coffee machine for Christmas so I can try making my own coffee shop style coffee at home. I've become a bit of a coffee junkie lately, so this was the perfect gift for me!
Take it from me, once you start making your own coffee at home you become very picky about different blends, e.g. light, medium, dark roast. It's best to grind your own beans too. Enjoy! 👍

KittyCat Angel

A lover of cats ❤
Young Cat
Purraise
I received a coffee machine for Christmas so I can try making my own coffee shop style coffee at home. I've become a bit of a coffee junkie lately, so this was the perfect gift for me!
Okay so you can tell us if there is an improvement in the coffee. Could be interesting 😙☕

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Take it from me, once you start making your own coffee at home you become very picky about different blends, e.g. light, medium, dark roast. It's best to grind your own beans too. Enjoy! 👍
I grind the beans myself and I agree that it's the best.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a Nespresso machine and make the occasional latte at home. They are good but I don't think they match Starbucks. I go in jags as far as grinding my own beans. I will do that for awhile then I go back to using pre-ground coffee. I like and appreciate good coffee but I can drink very mediocre coffee just for the caffeine as well.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The best instant cappuccino mix I've tried so far is Hills Bros. They have French Vanilla, English Toffee, Hazelnut, Mocha Mint.

The best cappuccino in the world is from Sunoco gas station! Nothing compares.

I have a hazelnut ground coffee that I'm enjoying by New England Coffee.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I usually buy the O Organics brand from Jewel. I try to make sure my coffee is fair trade and that brand is reasonably priced. I like medium roast the best, but will vary different blends.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I only had half a bag of my new favorite dark roast coffee beans from a local roaster so I went out to buy another bag. The Governor issued a stay-at-home order as of tonight due to Covid-19 so I will be drinking more coffee from home. I also have a Nespresso machine and have one sleeve left which holds 10 capsules.

AbbysMom AbbysMom Thanks for moving this thread to Foodie's Corner so we can share comments & info. about our love of coffee. :thanks:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I only had half a bag of my new favorite dark roast coffee beans from a local roaster so I went out to buy another bag. The Governor issued a stay-at-home order as of tonight due to Covid-19 so I will be drinking more coffee from home. I also have a Nespresso machine and have one sleeve left which holds 10 capsules.

AbbysMom AbbysMom Thanks for moving this thread to Foodie's Corner so we can share comments & info. about our love of coffee. :thanks:
But you will still be able to go to the grocery store, right? If so, maybe try mixing store dark roast with your favorite just to stretch out the flavor some.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I don’t know how Costco is holding up on coffee but I buy my Kcups there, $37 for 120 cups. This is so much cheaper than the grocery store that my savings from buying there cover the cost of membership. They also have a selection of coffee beans, but not sure what they have in ground.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
But you will still be able to go to the grocery store, right? If so, maybe try mixing store dark roast with your favorite just to stretch out the flavor some.
Yes, we are allowed to go to the grocery store, pharmacy, gas station and, of course, necessary doctor appointment. I called the local roaster/coffee shop and they said I can always order on-line. I'm spoiled with their blend, it's called Danger Zone. :biggrin:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love trying the different dark roasts with names like Sumatra, French Roast, Italian Roast. That's more fun to me than trying something from the grocery store that just says "Dark Roast" and not knowing exactly what it is.

But the instant coffee I'm using right now just says Community Coffee Dark Roast. That's all they had on Walmart's website.

Status
Not open for further replies.