Not open for further replies.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just found a new place to buy coffee! :jive: :cheerleader:

Coffee Bean Direct - Free Shipping on Orders of $35+

I got this:

https://www.coffeebeandirect.com/coffee/type/best-sellers/grandfathers-blend.html

This:

https://www.coffeebeandirect.com/coffee/type/flavored-coffee/jamaican-me-crazy.html

and this:

Zombie Cure Flavored Coffee - Coffee Bean Direct

They give a discount if you use the subscription service. I always do that even if I'm not sure I'll keep the subscription. I can always change, cancel, etc. It should be here next week. Stay tuned for reviews!

upload_2019-7-4_18-53-55.png

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I purchased my coffee from Green Mountain for years until they discontinued the flavor I like and then started buying K cups at the grocery. But I happened to try a Costco Kirkland brand Kcup at the dentists office that I LOVED. Turned out that I could buy 120 kcups for $37 at Costco a huge, huge savings over the grocery store or on line. The savings on coffee alone more than covers the $60 membership. Coffeemate, which I must have for my coffee is nearly 40% cheaper than the grocery store as well.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I purchased my coffee from Green Mountain for years until they discontinued the flavor I like and then started buying K cups at the grocery. But I happened to try a Costco Kirkland brand Kcup at the dentists office that I LOVED. Turned out that I could buy 120 kcups for $37 at Costco a huge, huge savings over the grocery store or on line. The savings on coffee alone more than covers the $60 membership. Coffeemate, which I must have for my coffee is nearly 40% cheaper than the grocery store as well.
I wish we had a Costco nearby. The closest one is 60 miles one way. My MIL won't drink any coffee other than theirs. I have a Keurig and I don't like it. DD keeps saying she wants it and is taking it with her when she moves out. It might be an antique by then. :lol:

I'm on the lookout for a good French press. :think:

Sine I am always on the lookout for new coffees to try, I picked this up over the weekend at Publix.

Black Lab Roast

I've never seen it there before and since I like to support Florida based businesses I grabbed one. It was $15.99 for a 12 ounce bag. :fear:

I don't mind paying more BUT it had better be worth it. It kind of wasn't. IMO it was good but not over $21 a pound good. Oh well. Live and learn. The coffee I get from Black Rifle and Green Dragon are better.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
~ Nice ... ☕ I am looking to purchase an old Pyrex coffee percolator

My Mom has two of those. I'm not sure if she has the percolator insert part. Thrift stores, eBay, Etsy, etc may have complete sets.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I made a pot of the Grandfather's Blend. Very good. It's named correctly. It's what you'd expect to find in an old school mom & pop doughnut shop. Not fancy, smooth and just bold enough. 4.5/5 cuz nothing is perfect. :lol:

I'd buy it again.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've tried all 3 flavors and they are all very good. I think the classic Grandfather's Blend is my favorite. The Jamaican Me Crazy is second and the Zombie Cure a close third. It's got hints of coconut in it which is OK but I'm not sure if I'd get it again. There's no way to switch flavors in the subscription without calling them. I emailed them to ask so in order to conveniently (sort of) switch them out, I cancelled all three and started a new subscription last night. I ordered:

Dark Brazilian Santos - Coffee Bean Direct

Caramel Royale Flavored Coffee - Coffee Bean Direct

French Vanilla Flavored Coffee - Coffee Bean Direct

amysuen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Nothing smells better than a pot of coffee percolating.
Yes! I wish I liked the taste as much as I like the smell. :lol:

I love nonfat Caramel Macchiatos from Starbucks so my hubby bought me a burr grinder and fancy espresso maker so I can make them at home. I actually like my version better because it's stronger than Starbucks.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I am, unfortunately, caffeine sensitive. So it is two 8 oz cups of coffee before 10:00 am and no caffeine the rest of the day or I can’t get to sleep at night. But sometimes I just crave an afternoon coffee.

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
I am, unfortunately, caffeine sensitive.
~ Yes - same with me. I am always looking around for decaf on spacial. Peet's makes a good one. Apparently more expensive brands use the Swiss Water Method that uses only water and osmosis to decaffeinate the beans.
Sometimes I mix a little "real" coffee in if I feel like having a boost . :)

Status
Not open for further replies.