Coffee & Tea Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have been thoroughly spoiled when it comes to bagels. We have a kosher deli here that has the best bagels nothing else in this area comes close. Several years ago, someone brought in bagels from Panera Bread, not even close. I didn't even finish half of one.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I have been thoroughly spoiled when it comes to bagels. We have a kosher deli here that has the best bagels nothing else in this area comes close. Several years ago, someone brought in bagels from Panera Bread, not even close. I didn't even finish half of one.
Ditto everything you said. :agree: I go to a kosher deli also but not too often anymore. One of the schools I worked at had a bagel club. Once a week the teachers took turns bringing in fresh bagels. Tuesday was the deli's half-off a dozen special so we bought several dozen to bring to school. And I also agree about Panera, they don't even taste like a bagel should taste. :nono:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Idk if Panera bagels are really proper bagels (boiled before baking, etc.). They don't seem shiny enough to be boiled. But mmmm, I love the asiago cheese kind, whatever it is, lol.

I found out that Costcos around the country are rolling out coffee vending machines in the deli area. If my Costco has one, I'll give it a try and report back!

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was too when I lived in NY. I haven't had a really good bagel in a long time.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never tried a fancy bagel. Just the stuff from the grocery store. I'll have to try one when we start going back out to restaurants again. Maybe this summer. I love bagel sandwiches!

3TB Maxwell House Vanilla Caramel Latte, 2Tsp Nescafe Dark Roast Instant Coffee, 2/3 cup Milk. You have to microwave the milk first before adding the powder or it explodes all over the place. :lol:

It's okay. It's not very sweet though! That's a surprise considering I put so much in and it has caramel.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I am also bagel spoiled! There is an over 100 year old bagel place in the next city. I grew up on these bagels. When I was small, and their store front was closed; I remember my dad walking in the back door, asking for freshly made bagels. One time I was even allowed, after peeking in the back door; to see the vats of bagels boiling, some in the oven, and some in the cooling racks!
These are true bagels to me! There is no comparison.
~~~~~~
Yesterday, ran out of plain almond milk. I opened up Trader Joes Pumpkin spiced oat milk, along with finally getting to Starbucks Fall flavored K-cup.
The pumpkin spice oatmilk, is ok.. not something I would use year round. It does have sugar in in and many more calories than regal plain almond milk. Glad it is only a quart.

The Fall Starbucks is good... strong, but good.

For breakfast I had the above coffee, along with a Kite Hill Vanilla Almond Milk Yogurt; with is really good.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1 at breakfast and 1 at lunch
You drink your coffee with your meals? Lately I usually drink one around 9:30am and one around 4:30pm.

I am also bagel spoiled!
I'll have to try some fancy bagels. Last time Dad and I were out before the pandemic, the bagel sandwiches were like $10, so we didn't get one. But I guess the days of $5 lunches are over with.

3TB Maxwell House Vanilla Caramel Latte in 2/3 cup 2% Milk.
Microwaved Milk for 2 minutes, put powder in, then microwaved for 10 more seconds. (so it wouldn't explode this time)
It tastes much better without adding more instant coffee to it. I guess it's not sweet enough to stand up to the dark roast.
But I really prefer it stronger.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
You drink your coffee with your meals?

I'll have to try some fancy bagels. Last time Dad and I were out before the pandemic, the bagel sandwiches were like $10, so we didn't get one. But I guess the days of $5 lunches are over with.
LOL, yes, I drink my coffee with meals or right after the meal. Thanks, you made me laugh. :lol: I guess we all have our unique habits.

I'm sure the bagel sandwiches have gone up in price, it's like that everywhere unfortunately. But you could just buy the bagels and make your own sandwiches, e.g. spread them with cream cheese or hummus and add veggies on top - that's what I do.

Last edited:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
you could just buy the bagels and make your own sandwiches, e.g. spread them with cream cheese or hummus and add veggies on top
Yes. I'll have to see if we still have any bakeries around here that sell bagels to take home. I think that other place was just sandwiches, but maybe not. It's like 45 minutes from here.

Played around with the Maxwell House Vanilla Caramel Latte all day, trying it various ways and it's gone now! Man, that container was small. It said 9 servings. I'm glad it's gone though. New flavor tomorrow!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
2/3 cup water warmed in microwave for 2 minutes, added heaping 1Tsp Nescafe Dark Roast Instant Coffee, 1/3 cup Coffee Mate Pumpkin Spice Creamer. This creamer is really good! Basically the only other flavor I like besides Vanilla and Sweet Cream.

1638628835666.png

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Same thing at 4:30pm-- Nescafe dark roast instant coffee, Coffee Mate Pumpkin Spice Creamer, made in warm water. I'm getting some new creamers tomorrow from Price Chopper.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
2/3 cup water microwaved for 2 minutes. Added 1/2TB Nescafe Dark Roast Instant Coffee and 1/3 cup Coffee Mate Pumpkin Spice Creamer. It tasted better this way, with everything added after microwaving.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
2/3 cup water microwaved for 2 minutes. Added 1/2TB Nescafe Dark Roast Instant Coffee and 1/3 cup Coffee Mate Pumpkin Spice Creamer. It tasted better this way, with everything added after microwaving.
Yum, that sounds good on a cold wintry day! :yummy:

I just grounded fresh coffee beans and finished my morning dark roast coffee.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Same thing as this morning--
2/3 cup water microwaved for 2 minutes, add 1/2TB Nescafe Dark Roast Instant Coffee, and 1/3 cup Coffee Mate Pumpkin Spice Creamer. Yummy! I am really liking this Pumpkin Spice.

I got some new creamers today-- Califia Farms Vanilla Almondmilk, Chobani Vanilla, Chobani Pumpkin Spice.

Coffee Mate Coconut Creme, Chobani Sweet Cream, and Almond Breeze Almondmilk Nog were all out of stock. So I only got 3 out of the 6 I ordered. 😭

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
2/3 cup water microwaved for 2 minutes, then added 1/2TB Nescafe Dark Roast Instant Coffee and 1/3 cup Coffee Mate Pumpkin Spice Creamer. Then put it back in microwave for 10 seconds. It didn't taste as good. Maybe the creamer doesn't taste good microwaved. :headscratch:

Status
Not open for further replies.