Coffee & Tea Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Grabbed a sunrise brew with sugar after Stroller Strides today because someone didn't want to let me sleep.

Added my own vanilla oatmilk to it at home, but I did try a sip without first. It's pretty good!
It is good! The midnight blend is good too. It's a dark roast. I hope they keep at least one of the new roasts around. They seem to have gotten rid of their dark roast and their house blend is not very good IMO.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just got back from Dunkin. I got a hot Sunrise blend with blueberry added. Yum. I asked the girl at the window if they were discontinuing the Sunrise or Midnight blends and she said no. I told her what artiemom artiemom was told and she asked the other employees that were there. None of them had heard anything about it. Hopefully that's a good thing.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I just got back from Dunkin. I got a hot Sunrise blend with blueberry added. Yum. I asked the girl at the window if they were discontinuing the Sunrise or Midnight blends and she said no. I told her what artiemom artiemom was told and she asked the other employees that were there. None of them had heard anything about it. Hopefully that's a good thing.
:angrywoman::angrywoman::angrywoman: Just came back from my local Dunkin. Still no Sunrise. Same story. Need to try a different one to see what they are saying.

so, Cold Brew with oat milk. Price increase also! :angrywoman::angrywoman::angrywoman::angrywoman::angrywoman:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:angrywoman::angrywoman::angrywoman: Just came back from my local Dunkin. Still no Sunrise. Same story. Need to try a different one to see what they are saying.

so, Cold Brew with oat milk. Price increase also! :angrywoman::angrywoman::angrywoman::angrywoman::angrywoman:
Try contacting Dunkin corporate. You can email them. I just checked my app. A large cold brew with oatmilk is $3.79. How much is it by you? My daughter and her fiance both like the smoked vanilla cold brew with sweet cold foam. A large one here is $4.29 which is ridiculous in my opinion. I tried it and went back to my usual. I wasn't impressed.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:confused: Neither one is dairy free, even with alternate milk, from what I understand.

I'm going to have to splurge on some store bought pumpkin spice creamer. I've seen a couple posted in a dairy free breastfeeding group.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:confused: Neither one is dairy free, even with alternate milk, from what I understand.

I'm going to have to splurge on some store bought pumpkin spice creamer. I've seen a couple posted in a dairy free breastfeeding group.
If I remember correctly, Dunkin has a pumpkin spice swirl that you can just add to regular hot or iced drinks. You can custom make a latte and add it if that's what you were after.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I remember correctly, Dunkin has a pumpkin spice swirl that you can just add to regular hot or iced drinks. You can custom make a latte and add it if that's what you were after.
The swirl itself is made with condensed milk according to their allergen menu.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well it appears as though what artiemom artiemom was told at Dunkin was correct. I got an email from them today introducing their newest blend. 100% Guatemalan. It's a medium roast. I checked my app and Sunrise blend is no longer being offered. I'll try the new one. I hope it's good.

1629391614542.png

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well it appears as though what artiemom artiemom was told at Dunkin was correct. I got an email from them today introducing their newest blend. 100% Guatemalan. It's a medium roast. I checked my app and Sunrise blend is no longer being offered. I'll try the new one. I hope it's good.

View attachment 392314
Glad I tried the sunrise last week before it left, then!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Dark roast coffee with breakfast and since I received an e-mail that it was Double Stars Day at SB I got a grande Iced Americano.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, update on the Dunkin saga. I stopped by after Stroller Strides because you know, J will sleep good all week, but if I sign up for exercise class, she's going to be up multiple times during the night.

Sunrise is gone, Midnight is still there, and Guatemalan has arrived. I wanted an iced Guatemalan, but they said they couldn't do that (? :dunno: ?), so I got one with sugar and added some unsweetened almond milk (my current plant milk) at home. It seems to have a more bitter note than the sunrise, and I don't like it as much. I should try the midnight before it leaves even though I'm not a huge dark roast fan.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, update on the Dunkin saga. I stopped by after Stroller Strides because you know, J will sleep good all week, but if I sign up for exercise class, she's going to be up multiple times during the night.

Sunrise is gone, Midnight is still there, and Guatemalan has arrived. I wanted an iced Guatemalan, but they said they couldn't do that (? :dunno: ?), so I got one with sugar and added some unsweetened almond milk (my current plant milk) at home. It seems to have a more bitter note than the sunrise, and I don't like it as much. I should try the midnight before it leaves even though I'm not a huge dark roast fan.
I was thinking of trying the Guatemalan Brew, iced; but the sign did not say Iced or Hot, so I just got the Cold Brew.

I used to be a real dark roast fan. Now I am not.. I still find regular Dunkin coffee to be too weak for me.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I saw that in the email they sent me (pic above). It says hot coffee but doesn't mention iced. I guess it's only available hot. I find that odd too. Midnight is good. It's definitely a dark roast which I like. I just found myself going for sunrise more often. I usually go to Dunkin on the weekend so I'll try the Guatemalan tomorrow. I agree artiemom artiemom . Dunkin's regular house blend is pretty terrible. I used to get the dark roast before they started with all the specialty blends. It seems to be gone now though. I wonder if it is gone for good.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just went and got the Guatemalan. I really like it. I'll be getting it again. It looks like they changed how you can order regular iced coffee. They took away the options for anything other than regular blend, decaf or half regular/half decaf. I noticed this on the app. I guess they are trying to push people towards cold brew. I've tried it. It was just OK and it's more expensive. I guess all the specialty blends are only available as hot now. Not a good move IMO.

1629563120726.png

Status
Not open for further replies.