Coffee & Tea Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My usual dark roast coffee this morning before heading out to the gym but by the time I got back it was breezy and much cooler so I treated myself to a cafe latte with cinnamon this afternoon.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Got a latte with oat milk and marshmallow syrup today.

Oh, and got the strawberry funnel cake frappuccino on Wednesday before J's doctor's appointment because I needed it with the soy milk this time and liked it a lot.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I mean, I usually eat the same breakfast every day until I run out and switch to something else, so I'm boring all around.
That doesn't make you boring since I also have the same breakfast day after day and the same dark roast coffee afterwards. That just makes us structured plus we don't have to think about what we're having for breakfast. 🤗

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
game misconduct game misconduct I have been super busy around here; not posting much. I ahve been reading more than posting..

Now that you mentioned it; Where is M maggiedemi ?? have not seen her posting for a while.

I have been drinking the Dunkin Iced Sunrise Blend, with Oat Milk. It is good.. and I ahve been addicted to the stuffed bagel bites, as a lunchtime snack.

Starbucks has run out of green tea and lemonade. Sometimes they are out of Kiwi Starfruit refresher.
It has been a while since I had a green tea lemonade. It has been my 'summer treat" drink ...

All they seem to have is iced coffee, and frappucinos.. not as busy as it has been. The shortages are really hitting them.

This morning was my usual breakfast---no thinking required.
TJ's hot coffee with almond milk, a dash of maple syrup
Oatmeal with blueberries, a tsp of maple syrup and a splash of almond milk....

It is a boring breakfast.. but fast and easy. While the water kettle is heating up, I play with Geoffrey... or I should say, "try" to play with him. He is bored with all his toys. I do rotate them, he has almost all the ones in the stores.. I have to be careful with feathers, tinsel, etc, because he will pull them off, and/or chomp/eat them.. weird cat!

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:rolleyes:i went back to using a spoonful of hot coco mix with my coffee and shots of maple syrup now and then:lol: those cold brews are just not cost effective for using with my coffee(bottles dont last long enough for gf an i):lol:@maggiedemi "SPICY FOODS!")gonna make spicy food tonight:lol:

bear

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
slices of chocolate cake :)
You are confusing me.
Why do you slice cake. Most of my forks still work without slicing it.
Be cautious if that cardio guy sends you to a "healthy eating class" at the clinic.
The nutritionists try to make us read package ingredients, with calories per servings and number of servings.
Tell him you will go only if he agrees in advance that a bear claw does not have 16 servings in it.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You are confusing me.
Why do you slice cake. Most of my forks still work without slicing it.
Be cautious if that cardio guy sends you to a "healthy eating class" at the clinic.
The nutritionists try to make us read package ingredients, with calories per servings and number of servings.
Tell him you will go only if he agrees in advance that a bear claw does not have 16 servings in it.
it came sliced like that those diet classes i took once and never again they are too confusing to me:lol:. just tell me what i need to eat less of and all will be good then

bear

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
On a more serious side, my blood glucose level was on the lower end of the target range this morning.
So I got to have a Saturday morning treat.

Apple cinnamon walnut oatmeal pancakes.
Rather than straight pancake mix, I replace half of it with course rolled oats (no added salt or sugars).
The oats have soluble fiber which is beneficial for lowering cholesterol.
The walnuts have a beneficial oil to help lower cholesterol, yet limit their intake due to calories.
Cinnamon may have positive health effects. Yet it adds a nice aroma.
Use a small Gala, Fuji or apple of your choice. It will add fiber.
That is a low cal syrup that is used sparingly.

If I am good today, after testing in the morning, I can take the two out of the fridge tomorrow morning.

Attachments

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yum! I'm not good at posting in the coffee thread because I basically have the same thing every day and it's boring.
I am the same way. I make the same coffee every day, Starbucks Pike Place and I add a bit of milk but no sugar. Every once in a great while I go to Starbucks but I am boring there to. A vanilla Latte with an extra shot of espresso and 1/2 the normal amount of vanilla, a hot one except in the Summer when it is hot and humid then an iced one.

Status
Not open for further replies.