Coffee & Tea Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a Nespresso machine, and does work out kinda pricey in the long term, though I don’t drink more than a cup a day, and not always every day, as I tend to prefer tea. They sell reusable capsules for the Nespresso which you can stuff with your own grounds — I’m considering looking into that as an alternative to non-flavoured coffee capsules.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I have a Nespresso machine, and does work out kinda pricey in the long term, though I don’t drink more than a cup a day, and not always every day
:yeah: I have the cheapest Nespresso machine they make which is now outdated but I can still use all the capsules in it. I bought it as a treat for myself in August right before going back to work, (school). Every day on my way home from teaching I would earnestly look forward to sitting down and relaxing with my espresso. Now I buy the lungo capsules and also don't drink it every day.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Folgers Black Silk dark roast coffee made strong with 1/2 cup grounds. I'm trying to cut back down to 2 cups per day again. I was drinking the whole pot and got the fevers/sweating again, despite eliminating the sugary drinks. Maybe I'm dehydrated by too much caffeine.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Folgers Black Silk dark roast coffee made strong with 1/2 cup grounds. I'm trying to cut back down to 2 cups per day again. I was drinking the whole pot and got the fevers/sweating again, despite eliminating the sugary drinks. Maybe I'm dehydrated by too much caffeine.
Sounds more like caffeine overload/overdose...

You have to make sure you drink water, also.. not just coffee and sugary drinks.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's possible! I'd try matching each cup of coffee with one or two glasses of water and see what happens. :hugs:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Folgers Black Silk dark roast coffee again. Made strong the way I like it with 1/2 cup grounds.
Gotta stand my "ground" and make it the way I like it. To heck with "her".

Get it?!...Stand my ground...coffee grounds? :flail:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I splurged and bought a Cold Brew at SB. I am sipping it now. I was surprised to find that it does not come with ice. I asked, the Barista said the ice would diminish the flavor of the cold brew.

I have to admit, it does taste very creamy! The almond milk, almost tastes like cream in it. If I were to add sweetener, it would taste just like melted coffee ice cream!

Impressed.. but it is an occasional treat.

BTW, game misconduct game misconduct It was me, who puts maple syrup in their coffee!!:flail:

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I splurged and bought a Cold Brew at SB. I am sipping it now. I was surprised to find that it does not come with ice. I asked, the Barista said the ice would diminish the flavor of the cold brew.

I have to admit, it does taste very creamy! The almond milk, almost tastes like cream in it. If I were to add sweetener, it would taste just like melted coffee ice cream!

Impressed.. but it is an occasional treat.

BTW, game misconduct game misconduct It was me, who puts maple syrup in their coffee!!:flail:
i do it fairly often now to :flail:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Get it?!...Stand my ground...coffee grounds? :flail:
You might know a song by a band I like with applicable lyrics. :biggrin:
I'll have to post it in the A-Z thread next time "I" comes around.

Yeah, this is for the ones who stood their ground
For Tommy and Gina, who never backed down
Tomorrow's getting harder, make no mistake
Luck ain't even lucky, got to make your own breaks

I think I actually missed a day of my Suisse Mocha, as we had a bit of a heat wave. But back to normal temps now, so I'm back to my normal routine. ☕

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You might know a song by a band I like with applicable lyrics. :biggrin:
You forgot my favorite part: ;)

You better stand tall
When they're calling you out
Don't bend, don't break
Baby don't back down

Folgers Black Silk dark roast coffee. Drank one cup, put the rest in a canning jar in the fridge. Will reheat another cup after dinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.