Coffee & Tea Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
With weather getting warmer, though, I'll probably soon be substituting lemonade and sparkling water, and iced tea, for my hot drinks.
Not me. I prefer my coffee hot, even when it's 90 degrees out. I don't really drink juice or lemonade anymore. Just coffee and water. I don't even drink wine anymore.

Just drinking my Nescafe dark roast instant coffee. Making it strong with 2Tsp lately.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I had TJ's Columbian Roast this morning with Maple syrup and Almond milk...

Just finished an cup of coffee, in a k-cup, which had some turmeric mixed in the k-cup.. blah..
Added Almond milk and just a touch of maple syrup..

I am trying to stay away from real sugar.. not working, though...

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I almost bought some ginger turmeric honey, but wasn't sure how the turmeric would taste.
Turmeric is supposed to help with inflammation and possess antioxidants but there are on-going research studies about it's use. I'm sure the amount used in the ginger honey is minimal and wouldn't affect the taste. Please let us know if you order it.
Turmeric

I had my dark roast coffee this morning while it was quiet and peaceful - no one is mowing their lawn or making noise. Carleton is relaxing in his cat tree and I treasure moments like this on a Saturday morning. ☕ I'm almost out of my dark roast beans so I'll be making a trip this afternoon and treating myself to a latte while I'm there.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Feeling any better since cutting out the sugary coffees? And, guess another question is, are you enjoying them as much?
Yes, it's a completely different experience. I am drinking it for the flavor of the coffee beans themselves now. Before I was drinking it for the flavor of the vanilla cappuccino & the sweetened milk substitutes. It's still enjoyable, just different. Kinda fancy actually, to try to recognize the different coffee beans. ☕

Yes, I do feel much better since cutting out the sugar. Thanks for asking pal. :thumbsup:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
tried some new brand of cold brewed coffee called stok. was pretty good. taste wasnt as strong as i like but it seems to be doing the job :lol:
That sounds interesting. With summer and hot weather on the horizon I switch to iced coffee drinks in the afternoon. I'll have to check for that brand. 👍 Did you buy it in a grocery store or another type of store?

I didn't make it really strong because other people complain.
This reminded me so much of my in-laws when they would come to visit. Actually my husband's whole family. 🤣 When it came time for dessert they all drank coffee but thought I made it too strong. I tried to make it less strong but no matter how much I toned it down it still wasn't weak enough for them. I felt like saying, "why drink coffee if you can't taste the flavor?" :rolleyes2:

I went to get a new bag of my favorite coffee beans yesterday and snagged the last bag. I couldn't believe they only had one left. I guess everyone's drinking coffee since the weather turned cooler the last few days. :biggrin:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, once I made a pot of coffee at a family dinner, and I made it the way I made it at work. I don't remember how much that was now, but everyone whined about it. I was like "excuse me, are u aware that you can water down coffee if it's too strong" but nobody liked that solution. So, bah, I never made coffee for those ingrates again. They must just like brown water, because we didn't make it that strong at work :dunno: .

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That sounds interesting. With summer and hot weather on the horizon I switch to iced coffee drinks in the afternoon. I'll have to check for that brand. 👍 Did you buy it in a grocery store or another type of store?
picked it up at a grocery store good as it tastes not to sure about the cost of it to how many cups i get out of said bottle gf and i drink big mugs in the morning :lol:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Trader Joes has a couple of versions of it's cold brew coffee. I tried it last year. It is very strong.
I really prefer a nice hot cup of coffee in the morning.
If the weather is tropical, and I do not have the AC on~~~ That is a different story..
But I always have the AC on....

Status
Not open for further replies.