Coffee & Tea Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Limited to one cup of coffee per day... Using up my stash at home... Had the last of the Green Mountain Holiday blend.. I really like this one.. It is only available at Christmas..
Almond milk, and some maple syrup.. not the dark amber kind. The light Version... I can tell the difference...

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
Tried a new (to me) Twining's Blend -- the orange and cinnamon spice black tea. While I normally love Twining's (their Lady Grey loose leaf is my go-to everyday tea), this one was very bland. Might've not brewed it for long enough, will have to try leaving the bag in for longer next time. It smelled amazing even while still in the packet, but the tea itself had a very mild smell, which I found odd and it was almost tasteless. Vaguely black tea, with a surprisingly unpleasant cinnamon aftertaste in the back of the throat. Shame if it actually tastes like this, and it wasn't down to user error.

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
I got a macchiato with oat milk from Dunkin, and was so concerned about it being non dairy, I forgot to have them sweeten it, so had to add sugar at home!
Does oat milk work well in coffee? Wasn't sure if it was the oat milk I got, but I could only stomach it in overnight oats! Even then, I prefer almond milk.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does oat milk work well in coffee? Wasn't sure if it was the oat milk I got, but I could only stomach it in overnight oats! Even then, I prefer almond milk.
It seems to be working okay. I'd been using almond milk at home, but just bought some oat milk for the palacinke (crêpe like pancakes) I make for Easter breakfast because the internet said that was one of the better substitutions, so I'll have more practice with it in regular coffee soon.

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
just bought some oat milk for the palacinke (crêpe like pancakes) I make for Easter breakfast because the internet said that was one of the better substitutions
Palacinke sound similar to blini (which are usually made w/ kefir instead of fizzy water (or did the palacinke recipe I found lie to me about that being an ingredient?)), so might have to try them out some time! Would be interesting to see how much difference there is in the taste.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Palacinke sound similar to blini (which are usually made w/ kefir instead of fizzy water (or did the palacinke recipe I found lie to me about that being an ingredient?)), so might have to try them out some time! Would be interesting to see how much difference there is in the taste.
I've never used fizzy water in our palacinke! Just plain tap water, milk, eggs, and oil, which was the recipe we got from my Croatian grandma. But maybe she was making them wrong, lol. We eat them with powdered sugar or jelly, and have had them every Christmas and Easter morning as long as I can remember.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got a macchiato with oat milk from Dunkin, and was so concerned about it being non dairy, I forgot to have them sweeten it, so had to add sugar at home!
Don't they put sweet syrup in it though? I get so confused ordering from there, I don't know whether to ask for extra sweetener or not.

Does oat milk work well in coffee? Wasn't sure if it was the oat milk I got, but I could only stomach it in overnight oats!
Some oat milks aren't very good. This Oatsome one from Walmart is good:
1617231578061.png

#1 Folgers black silk drank black
#2 Folgers black silk drank black
#3 Folgers black silk, Aldi french vanilla creamer, 1Tsp white sugar, whole milk

I finally got my cappuccino! It took 2 weeks from the time they shipped it, that's insane.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
#1 Aldi medium roast instant coffee, Aldi french vanilla creamer, 1Tsp sugar
#2 Aldi medium roast instant coffee, Aldi french vanilla creamer, whole milk
#3 Aldi medium roast instant coffee, Aldi french vanilla creamer, whole milk

Status
Not open for further replies.