Purraise
#1 Dunkin pumpkin spice coffee, Aldi whole cow milk, sugar
#2 Dunkin pumpkin spice coffee drank black
#3 Dunkin pumpkin spice coffee, Aldi vanilla almond milk, sugar

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Time to start drinking a cup of red raspberry leaf tea a day. I think technically it should be more than one, but that's enough for me.
You do know that raspberry tea is usually used for postdates pregnancies... It is an old wive's tale... but....Be careful.... I would not mess with nature, unless it is so uncomfotable for you.. Enhoy these last few weeks.

Some say Chinese food does it, also....

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is this a baby thing? Or a Christmas thing? :dunno:
Baby, it's supposed to help tone your uterus.

You do know that raspberry tea is usually used for postdates pregnancies... It is an old wive's tale... but....Be careful.... I would not mess with nature, unless it is so uncomfotable for you.. Enhoy these last few weeks.

Some say Chinese food does it, also....
Is it? I read it doesn't start labor, but helps tone your uterus so that when you do go into labor it's more effective/possibly shorter. My midwife said I could start at 37 weeks. But yeah, I'm only doing one cup a day rather than the recommended 3-4 just in case for now, because I don't want to start anything too early.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Baby, it's supposed to help tone your uterus.

Is it? I read it doesn't start labor, but helps tone your uterus so that when you do go into labor it's more effective/possibly shorter. My midwife said I could start at 37 weeks. But yeah, I'm only doing one cup a day rather than the recommended 3-4 just in case for now, because I don't want to start anything too early.
Yes, raspberry tea is an old wives tale to start labor.
In my experience,usually post -dates women try it to bring on labor. Personally, I would not mess with it.
Others are Chinese food a bath and the Se? Word.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, raspberry tea is an old wives tale to start labor.
In my experience,usually post -dates women try it to bring on labor. Personally, I would not mess with it.
Others are Chinese food a bath and the Se? Word.
If I feel like I'm getting any early contractions, I'll stop for now. And maybe I'll just do every other day until I hit 39 weeks.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
If I feel like I'm getting any early contractions, I'll stop for now. And maybe I'll just do every other day until I hit 39 weeks.
You could be having Braxton-Hicks Contractions. Like a false labor.. just contractions...

Again, I saw that I would personally, strongly state that I would stay away from any Raspberry tea.. none at all... especially if I was feeling any contractions at all.......

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You could be having Braxton-Hicks Contractions. Like a false labor.. just contractions...

Again, I saw that I would personally, strongly state that I would stay away from any Raspberry tea.. none at all... especially if I was feeling any contractions at all.......
I haven't been feeling any Braxton Hicks (unless I'm having them and not feeling them) and didn't have any contractions when they did the NST on Wednesday. It was if I started having them I would worry.

I don't want this baby to come before Christmas, but if there are things I can do to prepare my body so it's a bit easier when the time comes, I want to make sure I'm doing that! It's a balancing act.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Back to talking coffee, lol. 😉 DH asked me to go with him to a doctor's appt. today. I knew I couldn't go in the office but the medical building is adjacent to an outdoor shopping mall so I stopped in Starbucks to kill time. I had an Americano and let it cool before drinking it. Since the weather was nasty today it tasted so good.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
#1 Dunkin pumpkin spice coffee, Aldi vanilla almond milk, sugar
#3 Dunkin pumpkin spice coffee, Aldi Sweet Cream creamer that I just got tonight!

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great Value Sumatra coffee, Great Value vanilla liquid creamer, vanilla sugar
Great Value Sumatra coffee, Great Value vanilla powdered creamer, vanilla sugar
Great Value Sumatra coffee, Great Value vanilla powdered creamer, whole cow milk, stevia

This stevia is really growing on me. At first I hated it, but now I like it. How do you guys feel about stevia? Is it healthier?
i have used it beforeits ok but i still rather have real sugarwhen possible :lol:but i also just use hot chocolate powder to mix with my coffee instead of sugar hehe

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
i have used it beforeits ok but i still rather have real sugarwhen possible :lol:but i also just use hot chocolate powder to mix with my coffee instead of sugar hehe
Funny you mention that. I just bought some of this to send to my DD with her Christmas goodie box. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GX8RST4/?tag=thecatsite

I'm including it so she can add some to her coffee. This stuff is SO good. I make it with milk for myself. I just got it today but the price has already gone up but WM sells it too. I agree with you about real sugar. I'd rather have no sweetener at all than the fake stuff.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i also just use hot chocolate powder to mix with my coffee instead of sugar hehe
Me too! Especially at work because it's too complicated to keep liquid creamer around. Another good powdered creamer is Nido for toddlers. . .my mom always has it around because of my nephew and one time it was the only milk product in the house so I tried it, and it's great. And cappuccino powder too.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Me too! Especially at work because it's too complicated to keep liquid creamer around. Another good powdered creamer is Nido for toddlers. . .my mom always has it around because of my nephew and one time it was the only milk product in the house so I tried it, and it's great. And cappuccino powder too.
and my gf thought i was weird for using that with my coffee:lol:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i also just use hot chocolate powder to mix with my coffee instead of sugar
Yes, I put hot chocolate in my coffee sometimes.

#1 Dunkin pumpkin spice coffee, Aldi sweet cream creamer, vanilla spice sugar
#3 Dunkin pumpkin spice coffee, Aldi sweet cream creamer, regular sugar

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I used to also. Then I got an electric kettle that I use to make tea. I love that thing so much. It heats up water so fast and the water stays hot longer than water heated in the microwave. That's always been my issue. Microwaved water cools off too fast for me.
Aren't electric kettles great? We make a big pot of filter coffee in the morning, but tend to drink tea in the afternoon and evening, so we use our electric kettle constantly. Electric kettles are pretty much standard here, and so many family members and friends from the States switched to them after visiting us here - no more hot water from the microwave for them!

Status
Not open for further replies.