Coffee & Tea Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
It was a dreary and cold day so I made two cups of dark roast black coffee. Nothing like a strong cup of coffee to help warm you up.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Opened a new bag of coffee- Dunkin Pumpkin Spice. It's pretty good. I had 2 cups with vanilla almond milk and sugar, and 1 cup drank black.

I've been making my coffee too hot, when I reheat it in the microwave for 2 minutes 30 seconds. The back of my throat is all red and sore. I kinda knew I was making it too hot, but I like it that way.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I've been making my coffee too hot, when I reheat it in the microwave for 2 minutes 30 seconds. The back of my throat is all red and sore. I kinda knew I was making it too hot, but I like it that way.
Please be careful. I did the same thing as you and it burned the roof of my mouth. This article from the Cleveland Clinic, a very reliable and reputable source, explains the link between hot beverages/food and esophageal cancer:
Prefer Piping-Hot Tea? Here’s Why You Might Want to Let It Cool Down First

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I bit the bullet, so to speak, and set up an order on Keurig.com. They were havung a sale... they always do.. but I did get some Peets Holiday Blend and Donut house Peppermint Bark k-cups.. also a box of Peets decaf. Sometimes I like to have a cup of coffee late afternoon. I need the caffeine free stuff.. same with coffee.

I am feeling that because of the Covid surge, I am not going to be shopping as much as I had been. Instacart is always available, but... This way, I can order tea also.. although I prefer regular tea bags for that.. I have an option on my Keurig machine for strong brew. I will try that out when I order tea k-cups.

This way, I can pick my own, and buy it whenever I want..

I ordered on Sunday. The delivery was so fast. It arrived late yesterday afternoon, (Wednesday). Shocked. I was expecting it in 10-14 days!

I have enough coffee for now...

Oh, I was looking through my cabinets this week end. I found a K-cup holder with filter for regular ground coffee! It was from my first Keurig machine!! It fits the current one..

I was in Walgreens the other day, looking around the Christmas stuff, and found a small bag of Starbucks Peppermint Mocha Ground Coffee!! I snapped dit up... There was another one, but I did not want to appear greedy!! I scored!!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
link between hot beverages/food and esophageal cancer
Yikes! I kinda knew I was drinking it too hot all this year, but I like it that way. But now my throat is all red and burnt looking. I'll have to change my ways. 😲

Starbucks Peppermint Mocha Ground Coffee
That sounds yummy. Does it taste like chocolate?

#1 Dunkin Pumpkin Spice coffee, vanilla almond milk, sugar
#2 Dunkin Pumpkin Spice coffee drank black
#3 Dunkin Pumpkin Spice coffee, whole cow milk, sugar

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Yikes! I kinda knew I was drinking it too hot all this year, but I like it that way. But now my throat is all red and burnt looking. I'll have to change my ways. 😲
I liked hot coffee too but ended up having to go to the doctor when I burnt the roof of my mouth. It was so bad that he gave me a prescription for a compound pharmacy. Now I wait approximately 15 minutes before drinking my coffee.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The nice thing about making my coffee in a French press it's that it's never too hot by the time it's ready.

I do boil water for tea in a kettle so I have to wait a bit for it to cool, even on top of the steeping time.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Coffee is done in a Keurig.. Tea is 90% done with a tea kettle heating up the water.
If I am in a hurry, I will use the Keurig; but, the water its never hot enough. The kettle water has to sit for several minutes before I drink it. Actually, about 5 minutes.

I do not drink my coffee or tea extremely hot. I have burnt my tongue too many time. I want to savor, enjoy the warmth on my hands.. and the flavor..

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I heat my water in the microwave till it boils. Then I add it to my tea or coffee. As for drinking it too hot, I find if the mug is too hot to wrap my hands around, it's too hot to drink. And since I always have cold hands, my hot drinks always double as a hand warmer.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I should add that the coffee drink that sent me to the doctor was an Americano from Starbucks, not my own coffee. I asked SB about it afterwards and unbeknownst to me they said they use a higher temperature of steamed water to make it. I do love Americanos so if I order one anywhere I wait before drinking it or add a few small ice cubes.

Dark roast coffee this morning and will need a pick-me-up this afternoon.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I heat my water in the microwave till it boils. Then I add it to my tea or coffee. As for drinking it too hot, I find if the mug is too hot to wrap my hands around, it's too hot to drink. And since I always have cold hands, my hot drinks always double as a hand warmer.
I used to also. They I got an electric kettle that I use to make tea. I love that thing so much. It heats up water so fast and the water stays hot longer than water heated in the microwave. That's always been my issue. Microwaved water cools off too fast for me.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
I should add that the coffee drink that sent me to the doctor was an Americano from Starbucks, not my own coffee. I asked SB about it afterwards and unbeknownst to me they said they use a higher temperature of steamed water to make it. I do love Americanos so if I order one anywhere I wait before drinking it or add a few small ice cubes.

Dark roast coffee this morning and will need a pick-me-up this afternoon.
During the winter, I order my drinks from SB extra hot. This way, by the time I get into the house, and settled; it is a perfect temperature for me.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I always order through the app when I get from Dunkin. I ordered their new 100% Columbian again and this time got it with the gingerbread flavor swirl added. I liked the flavor a lot but I think they gave me the original roast this time. It wasn't as good. This location must have high turnover because they are always hiring.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
I always order through the app when I get from Dunkin. I ordered their new 100% Columbian again and this time got it with the gingerbread flavor swirl added. I liked the flavor a lot but I think they gave me the original roast this time. It wasn't as good. This location must have high turnover because they are always hiring.
Dunkin is notorious for getting orders wrong... That is one reason why I go to SB... plus, I do not care for Dunkin's coffee. Tastes like dishwater to me.. just my opinion...

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Dunkin is notorious for getting orders wrong... That is one reason why I go to SB... plus, I do not care for Dunkin's coffee. Tastes like dishwater to me.. just my opinion...
The one I go to normally gets it right but if they have someone new it might not be. I don't like DD's original blend but their dark roast and the new Columbian are really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.