Coffee & Tea Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Am considering buying the French Vanilla coffee for something different.
Yes! I think you will like the vanilla one. I think you were right about the warm milk. I had one tonight with my cappuccino and I'm not really feeling it anymore. Odd that I loved it one night, then the next night didn't. Too milky for some reason.:headscratch: Back to putting it in my coffee I guess.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a can of Cafe Du Monde's coffee with chicory. I bought it from Amazon. I first saw it when we stayed at the Port Orleans French Quarter at Disney when we went for the food & wine festival in November. They wanted $14 for a can. I got it from Amazon for half that. It's OK. I wouldn't get it again though. It is a dark roast and the chicory is supposed to be good for your digestion but I don't particularly care for it on its own. I mix it with something else just to get rid of it. This is it here. Cafe Du Monde Coffee Chicory, 15 Ounce Ground: Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food
The Cafe Du Monde coffee is pretty strong. Delicious when you are having it at the cafe in New Orleans with a couple beignets to go with it but not so much when you have it at home,

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
So glad I bought two new bags of dark roast beans at the local roaster last week. The weather is supposed to get unseasonably cooler so I know I'll need an afternoon pick-me-up.
When I was working, and exhausted most of the time, I used to drink coffee all day long. The best tasting and smelling was the late afternoon, 3:00 pm or so, cup. Now that I get enough sleep afternoon coffee just keeps me away so unfortunately I never drink it past noon, but one of these days I may have to try decaf or make a cup just to smell.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I gave up my cappuccino. Way too much sugar, it just makes me feel tired & depressed. I drank my coffee black all day and I feel much better.

6:30am, 5pm, and later at 7pm. 3 cups total.
Aldi Barissimo French Roast coffee drank black, made in drip coffee maker with 1/3 cup coffee grounds. I put it in a canning jar in the fridge and reheat in the microwave as the day goes along. :thumbsup:☕

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I gave up my cappuccino. Way too much sugar, it just makes me feel tired & depressed. I drank my coffee black all day and I feel much better.

6:30am, 5pm, and later at 7pm. 3 cups total.
Aldi Barissimo French Roast coffee drank black, made in drip coffee maker with 1/3 cup coffee grounds. I put it in a canning jar in the fridge and reheat in the microwave as the day goes along. :thumbsup:☕
If you can find almond milk without sugar in it, it can dress up a cup of black coffee quite well.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday, was another Starbucks treat. I really have to stop.. getting expensive.

I tried the Kiwi & Starfruit green Refresher. The verdict is still out on it. It was good, but too sweet. It was sour and sweet at the same time. I think, if I were to make it, I would cut back on the sugar.

I do not think I can do that with this drink, because it called for just one scoop of the powder flavoring.
A lot of dehydrated kiwi fruit. I am not a fan of kiwi, but I wanted to try it.

I did, and happy that I did. I am staying away from Starbucks, until the end of the week.

This morning, back to Barry's tea with unsweetened almond milk.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks, LTS3 LTS3 I set up a Starbucks reward app, a few days ago.

I have been thinking about having a coffee this afternoon, because I want to watch the debate, tonight. I need to stay awake for it. I have a habit of falling asleep while watching TV, waking up at midnight.

I may run to Starbucks---since I now have a parking spot in the lot. I can come and go as I please...without watching the time! street parking is limited...
It is pure freedom, to live!!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Unfortunately I feel like Starbucks and the Rewards program has changed so much since I first joined the program and Howard Schultz was the CEO. I do visit Starbucks and will continue to do so but won't let them dictate downloading their app in order to get a free drink. Just my 2 cents worth, lol. :2cents:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Had the same thing today. My Aldi French Roast drank black, 3 times. I have one more day left of this, then I can open a new bag! :cheerleader:

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday, Id din not go out for a coffee. Shoulder was still talking to me... so I stayed in.

I did make myself a Green Mountain Pumpkin Spice, Keurig, cup of coffee, with one pack of Sugar in the Raw, and unsweetened almond milk. It was good. I enjoyed it..

This morning, back to Barrys brand tea with almond milk...

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Green Mountain Pumpkin Spice
Yummy! Maybe someday I will go back to my sweeter drinks, but I want to see how I feel after cutting back on sugar.

Finally finished up the Aldi french roast today. Yay! I don't know why this is my brother's favorite roast. I didn't much care for it.
Drank 3 cups black as usual.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
The Keurig, Green Mountain Pumpkin Spice, does not have any sugar in it. It is just a keri cup for the machine. If I see it again, in the grocery store, I may pick up another box of it.

I was on the Keurig website. Saw Starbucks Peppermint Mocha Coffee k-cups. So tempted to order that one.. I may still do it, after I get paid, (Medicare)....

I cannot believe it is Oct 1..... wow... even though we have Covid, the time seems to be flying. I will not be saying that once the winter comes around.

Off to hairdresser this morning, Store, and then Big Lots to replace the PT I used, pick up a couple boxes of tissues. I have a coupon for the store.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I was on the Keurig website. Saw Starbucks Peppermint Mocha Coffee k-cups.
That one sounds really yummy, and one I'd probably like. I have plenty of my Suisse Mocha for a while, but maybe I should look into getting myself a Keurig, as I could probably find some yummy coffees I'd like. ☕

I cannot believe it is Oct 1..... wow... even though we have Covid, the time seems to be flying. I will not be saying that once the winter comes around.
Time is flying, isn't it. But I fear you're right, that it's going to be a long winter. :sigh:

Status
Not open for further replies.