Coffee & Tea Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's today's Cafe Mocha, which I see on the container is actually Suisse Mocha.
Good lord, I can see why people love pics, that looks so good I can almost taste it! I will try to get into picture taking. For some reason I just don't feel up to it yet. I guess I will know when I'm ready?

I just had a French Vanilla Cappuccino in warm 2% Milk. My brother told me that 2% Milk tastes best with cappuccino. He's right! I like it.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Since my coffee/tea preferences are pretty specific, my posts are going to get repetitive soon.
Speaking of repetitive, I have the same black dark roast coffee each and every day. Before the lockdown I changed it up in the afternoon when I went to our local coffee shop. But since the stay-at-home order the only change is an occasional espresso.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I will try to get into picture taking. For some reason I just don't feel up to it yet. I guess I will know when I'm ready?
Just start taking pics for yourself, not to post anywhere. And maybe you'll find you enjoy it, and if you don't, that's fine. Everyone has different preferences and hobbies.

Speaking of repetitive,
I'm a seasonal hot drink fan, so once the warmer weather gets here, I won't be drinking my Suisse Mocha or Green Tea very often. Though might have Iced tea on occasion.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I forgot to post my drink! French Vanilla Cappuccino in warm sweetened Rice Milk. It was too sweet. I'm getting unsweetened Almond Milk and regular sweetened Soy Milk in my Aldi order tomorrow. So I'll experiment with those. I don't think I've ever tried unsweetened soy milk. Aldi didn't have it.

rubysmama rubysmama --What type of soy milk do you use? Sweetened or Unsweetened? Do you have a link to the product?

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama --What type of soy milk do you use? Sweetened or Unsweetened? Do you have a link to the product?
I use Natura Vanilla Soymilk for my cereal. And the chocolate, when I want a treat. I chose that brand because they use organic soybeans. They're a Canadian company, so might not be available in the US.
My Take on Life Natura

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use Natura Vanilla Soymilk for my cereal.
So it's unsweetened, but with vanilla added? I haven't tried that type yet.

Today I had half 2% milk, half water, 2 Tsp regular Folgers instant coffee, 3 TB French vanilla cappuccino powder. Heated in microwave 2 min to start, then 30 more sec after I add the powder. I'm experimenting...

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
So it's unsweetened, but with vanilla added? I haven't tried that type yet.
Just checked their website, and the vanilla one I buy has more sugar than the regular one. But there's a "light" vanilla which has less sugar. So probably make sure you check the labels, to see for sure what the ingredients are.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is 4 mugs of warm 2% milk too much to drink per day? My face turned bright red this morning and I'm wondering if it's the milk or the sugar from my cappuccinos. Sometimes I use 1/4 cup and if you times that by 4, I'm drinking a whopping full cup of sugary powder per day. :eek2:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
My box of 120 k cups arrived from Costco yesterday. I was too chicken to go buy it myself so I spent an extra $5 to have it delivered. This is about a two month supply for me and coffee is one of those things I don’t want to run out of.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got my sweetened Soy Milk from Aldi tonight. So I had that warmed in microwave for 2 min, then add 2 tsp Folgers instant coffee and 3 TB French vanilla cappuccino powder. Back in microwave for 30 seconds. Whisk it around with a little tiny hand whisk. Yummy!

I figured out what I was doing wrong. 1/4 cup was too much. It was giving it a bitter & too sweet taste. Plus way too much sugar. Reduced it to 3 TB and perfect.

So I'll be drinking 4 less TB per day. I'll see if the redness in my face goes away.

Last edited:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Same this morning. Warm Aldi soy milk with 3 TB French vanilla cappuccino, 2 tsp Folgers instant.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
My order of SF Bay Coffee hazelnut cream k cups arrived yesterday from Amazon. Yay! We use the SF Bay Coffee French roast k cups from Costco, but I’ve really been in the mood for hazelnut. All of the flavored creamers are sweetened and I don’t like sweet coffee. These are really good, although I think I’ll stick to my French roast for the first coffee of the day. I need that straight jolt at 5:30 a.m.! :)

I love that the SF Bay brand doesn’t use plastic in its k cups.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My box of 120 k cups arrived from Costco yesterday. I was too chicken to go buy it myself so I spent an extra $5 to have it delivered.
That's how I felt about going to Walmart, which is the only place that sells my Suisse Mocha. Funny how before I'd drive across town to save a couple dollars, and now I'm fine paying extra to have things delivered.

My order of SF Bay Coffee hazelnut cream k cups arrived yesterday from Amazon. Yay!
It's great when the Amazon order arrives, isn't it. :thumbsup:

Here's what I had earlier today. I better stop having it every time I crave it, or it will run out in no time.

1589657334466.png

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's what I had earlier today. I better stop having it every time I crave it, or it will run out in no time.
Okay, I must admit I now understand why people are obsessed with pics. That does make it more exciting to see the coffee! I still don't know if I will ever be a person who takes a lotta pics. Maybe it could happen.

I'll be having the same thing I had this morning shortly. French Vanilla Cappuccino in soy milk.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Okay, I must admit I now understand why people are obsessed with pics. That does make it more exciting to see the coffee! I still don't know if I will ever be a person who takes a lotta pics. Maybe it could happen.
I've been obsessed with taking pics pretty much all my life. But it was so costly before digital. Now taking pictures is basically free. Plus having the internet to post some on, is great. I know I could post even more on Facebook, but not interested in signing up. TCS, and emailing, keeps me connected with everyone I want to connect with.
:grouphug2:

Status
Not open for further replies.