Coffee and Tea Talk - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Dunkin has a new Vietnamese iced coffee. I tried it today so you don't have to. :lol:

This is what it's supposed to be:
Vietnamese iced coffee (Vietnamese: cà phê đá, lit. 'iced coffee') is a traditional Vietnamese coffee recipe. It is created using coffee roasted between medium and dark. The drink is made by passing hot water through the grounds into a cup that already contains condensed milk. To serve the cold drink, ice is added to the cup

Dunkin's version is iced coffee with regular milk and sweetened condensed milk. I give it a c-. Like many of Dunkin's coffee drinks it's nothing special. Not very sweet but it's customizable if someone wanted it to be. I got it the way they advertise it without any customizations. They say it's creamy. I disagree. Would I get it again? No.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Tonight I may just give up and make a cup of Swiss Miss with marshmallows. While I'm thoroughly enjoying my forays in to tea and hot chocolate k-cups, sometimes I just want something very simple and old-fashioned! Well, sorta old-fashioned! REALLY old-fashioned would involve breaking out the cocoa powder, sugar, milk, and the TEENIEST dab of real butter!

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe the second best thing bout coffee is the wait: watching it steep in a French press while it tortures your nose, knowing you got the grind right…you have to wait, to earn the the flavor, but the waiting’s hard.

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe the second best thing bout coffee is the wait: watching it steep in a French press while it tortures your nose, knowing you got the grind right…you have to wait, to earn the the flavor, but the waiting’s hard.
~ Don't know about French press coffee . However, today there was a Mr. Coffee French press on sale for $10.oo. The next store had an expensive whole bean coffee in a can marked down for "clearance".
I think the Coffee Gods are after me ... 😳☕

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
I am having coffee and tea today.
I am treating my knee with a comfrey poultice. Steeping the herbs (added a little mint) for the poultice, then drinking the tea.
But I also (k)need my caffeine, so coffee too.
~ I have a sore hand/thumb. Old injury, arthritis, age ... ? I rub CBD oil on — pain discomfort greatly improved. That is how I discovered I have "the real thing ". Another brand I used did not have same results. 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.