Coffee and Tea Talk - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If you use the Kcups it’s pretty expensive.
That's why I'm so glad that my darling Spawn 1 got me a machine with k-cup/basket choice! I make all of my coffee in the basket, and use the k-cup holder for specialty teas and hot chocolates!

I was just browsing Community Coffee on Amazon. They have a pecan praline coffee that I will have to try when the budget will allow for it.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Coffee experiment gone bad this morning. I thought I would try water from the store refillable station, which brings the cost of water for coffee down from $1.49 a gallon to $.38 a gallon. Went to pour it this morning and the smell of chlorine was SO strong it smelled like a swimming pool. Nope, not making coffee out of that. Fortunately I had enough regular bottled water to make my first morning cup.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Trust me, I know the feeling. :wink: Although I love my coffee I've learned or at least I think I have that I can't handle as much caffeine as I used to. Although every now and then I push the envelope.🤣
That is me. When I was working I used to drink it from get up until the end of my day but I just can’t handle the caffeine any more. Noon is about it.

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
Trust me, I know the feeling. :wink: Although I love my coffee I've learned or at least I think I have that I can't handle as much caffeine as I used to. Although every now and then I push the envelope.🤣
~ Some of us can only run part-time fully caffeinated ... 😉✨️

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's why I'm so glad that my darling Spawn 1 got me a machine with k-cup/basket choice! I make all of my coffee in the basket, and use the k-cup holder for specialty teas and hot chocolates!

I was just browsing Community Coffee on Amazon. They have a pecan praline coffee that I will have to try when the budget will allow for it.
I just bought a bag of their Mardi Gras king cake coffee. It's supposed to taste like cinnamon and vanilla.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00RUG1ASI/?tag=thecatsite

If you don't use Amazon's subscribe and save, you might want to. I've been using it for over 10 years and love it. I use it for so many things including cat food. You get the max savings with 5 items in your order. https://www.amazon.com/b/ref=s9_acs...06c7f364534&pf_rd_i=5856181011&tag=thecatsite

I have around 50 items on my S&S. I go through the list a few times a month and skip anything I don't need.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I just bought a bag of their Mardi Gras king cake coffee. It's supposed to taste like cinnamon and vanilla.
If you don't use Amazon's subscribe and save, you might want to.
I saw that King Cake coffee! It is on my list of things to get!
I actually do use subscribe and save. However, since the things I need, I need on very different schedules, I haven't managed more than two items in a single order! Sooner or later...

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Saturday and Sunday I had my friend's Lavazza instant coffee, Espresso & Intenso. This brand is really good. I bought some vanilla cappuccino k-cups from the Dollar General by her house and just broke them up in my coffee. They are just like the instant powder. She also has turbinado sugar in the raw there, which was pretty good. I saw some Vanilla liquid creamer in her fridge, I'll try that next weekend.

On Sunday we went over to my other friend's house and she let me try one of the vanilla cappuccino k-cups in her machine. It tasted the same as when I just broke it open in my cup! She offered to give me one of her k-cup machines, but it needed cleaning and it looked so hard to clean!

Monday I got 2 cappuccino on the Reservation. The vanilla one was only $1. The Hazelnut one at another place was $1.29.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Honey came in the last grocery order, yesterday! I actually had a jar, and it was totally GLUED shut. SO many teas do not play well with sugar, but honey goes well with ALL of them! Or, it does to me. I've been waiting on the chamomile until I had the honey. Think I'll have some tonight.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I should try my coffee flavored maple syrup I got at Ollie's in my coffee! My friend secretly bought me the cinnamon creamed honey at Runnings when they rejected my food stamps card. Can't wait to get it from her in a couple weeks! So far only been rejected at Runnings, Ollies, & TJMaxx for food. Haven't tried BJs yet, but all the other stores accepted it, even Big Lots.

Status
Not open for further replies.