Coffee and Tea Talk - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mom left behind this decaf, so I'm trying to finish it before I buy regular again. I could send it over to her with my brother, but hardly seems worth it when there is less than half a jar.

1/4 Cup Almond Joy Liquid Creamer in Cup of Whole Milk, 1Tsp Maxwell House Decaf Instant Coffee, 3TB Hills Bros Vanilla Cappuccino Powder.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Just for the heck of it I decided to calculate what I spend per pound on my Keurig coffee. A box of Keurig coffee, purchased at Sam’s, 100 pods for $45. Each pod contains .31 ounces of coffee, or 31 ounces total for the box, a hair less than 2 pounds. So I am paying roughly $23 a pound for Keurig coffee. Of course some of that is the convenience of the pod but still outrageously expensive. Plus you need to use bottled water in them.

I will be ordering an inexpensive coffee maker this week.

Last edited:

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
Just for the heck of it I decided to calculate what I spend per pound on my Keurig coffee. A box of Keurig coffee, purchased at Sam’s, 100 pods for $45. Each pod contains .31 ounces of coffee, or 31 ounces total for the box, a hair less than 2 pounds. So I am paying roughly $23 a pound for Keurig coffee. Of course some of that is the convenience of the pod but still outrageously expensive. Plus you need to use bottled water in them.

I will be ordering an inexpensive coffee maker this week.
~ I use the 5-cup Mr. Coffee automatic coffeemaker. They also make a drip version and several others. Very inexpensive — but all plastic.
animated-smileys-drinking-007.gif

71LB1AbsorL.jpg

12 - cup Model

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Plus you need to use bottled water in them.
That's nuts! Can you use water filtered with a Brita or something?

I've been drinking caramel cappuccino pods that dad got me at dollar general. When you break them open, they are just powdered cappuccino mix. I use 2TB in a cup of Whole Milk, 1/4 cup Peppermint Mocha Liquid Creamer, and 1/2TB Maxwell House Decaf Instant Coffee.

Status
Not open for further replies.