Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad to see you back!
Thank you! Glad to talk to you again.

1% is the fat content. Skim milk has no fat, then there's 2%, and I think whole is 4%
Thanks for the explanation! I get it now.

too darn frigid to venture out
Sheesh, I just looked and it's 8 below zero here. That's nuts! Wish my cats would cuddle with me. But Maggie is in with dad and Demi has been sleeping on the couch since my brother took all mom's clutter to the dump.

1/4 Cup Great Value Italian Sweet Creme liquid coffee creamer, in a cup of Fat Free Skim Milk with 1/2TB Maxwell House Decaf Instant Coffee.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm really sorry, good luck with the tests and hope you feel better soon. 🤗 How is Geoffrey feeling? How do like the decaf?

Getting ready for my second cup of black coffee for the day since I'm planning to stay home - too darn frigid to venture out. 😉
Yeah, it is never ending.. between the tests and appointments my PCP wants and then what the results show, which lead to more tests.. it has been exhausting.. and never ending.. and I was exhausted before I started.

Thanks..

Geoffrey is Geoffrey.. still my boy.. Worst was trying to find someone to feed him, IF I have to be hospitalized. His meds will just be forgotten until I get home.. if that happens.. more and moe of a possibility.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Same old, same old for me. Just finished my morning mocha. Green tea this afternoon.

Yeah, it is never ending.. between the tests and appointments my PCP wants and then what the results show, which lead to more tests.. it has been exhausting.. and never ending.. and I was exhausted before I started.
artiemom artiemom : sorry you're dealing with so many health issues. Hope you feel better soon.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
3TB Hills Bros Vanilla Cappuccino Powder, 1/2TB Maxwell House Decaf Instant Coffee, 1/2TB Espresso Sugar, in a cup of So Delicious Coconut Milk. I think my brother threw away some of my measuring spoons! He is throwing away everything in sight. He almost threw away my coat with my wallet & id in it!!!!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
3TB Hills Bros Vanilla Cappuccino Powder, 1TB Maple Sugar Powder, Half Cup Water, Half Cup Orgain Kids Vanilla Protein Shake. Pretty good.

rubysmama rubysmama or neely neely --Do you think this creamer is vegetarian? I know pop tarts aren't because they have gelatin in them.
1675524323157.png

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Do you think this creamer is vegetarian? I know pop tarts aren't because they have gelatin in them.
It's my understanding that if the pop tarts have frosting there is gelatin in them which is not vegetarian. This is what it says:
In the US, the gelatin in Frosted Pop-Tarts® is derived from beef, and is used to help the texture of the product. Plain (unfrosted) Pop-Tarts® do not contain gelatin.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I found the ingredients for the Brown Sugar Cinnamon Pop Tarts creamer on the Walmart site, and gelatin isn't listed as an ingredient.

1675530876990.png

Nestle Coffee mate Pop-Tarts Toasted Brown Sugar Cinnamon Flavored Creamer, 32 fl oz - Walmart.com

Wasn't sure what "cellulose gel" was, so googled, and it looks ok.

What is cellulose gel? Also known as cellulose gum, cellulose gel is a plant based stabilizing agent used in many foods, supplements and pharmaceuticals. In other words, cellulose gel is simply a refined version of Insoluble fiber found in everyday fruits and vegetables.​
Speaking of Pop Tarts, Canada only sells the ones with the frosting. I found that out when I had a craving for a strawberry pop tart and couldn't find the plain ones. :hmmm:

So far today I've had my mocha. Green Tea soon.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I found the ingredients for the Brown Sugar Cinnamon Pop Tarts creamer on the Walmart site, and gelatin isn't listed as an ingredient.
So you think it's just an artificial flavoring and they didn't put any gelatin under natural flavoring? I guess they wouldn't put the actual frosting in the creamer would they? :lol:

3TB Hills Bros Vanilla Cappuccino Powder, 1TB Maple Sugar Powder, Half Cup So Delicious Coconut Milk, Half Cup Orgain Kids Vanilla Protein Shake. Pretty good.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
So you think it's just an artificial flavoring and they didn't put any gelatin under natural flavoring?
Honestly the best way to know for sure would be to call their customer service number which should be on the label and they will direct your call to the proper person.

I had my dark roast black coffee with breakfast and a latte with oat milk while out this afternoon. They put just the right amount of cinnamon on top. 👍

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I bought a Private Selection Kona Blend at the grocery this morning. I have been getting Starbuck's Pike Place for a long time but am trying to save a little wherever I can. I still have a lot of the Pike Place left. The Kona Blend is only 10% Kona, which isn't surprising it is one of the expensive coffees but I will see how it taste in a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.