Coffee and Tea Talk - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

BromeliadsInBloom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The morning only really gets going at the first cup of coffee... It's often extra dark roast with a splash of almond milk or oat milk for me. Unsure how well coconut milk would complement coffee or which brand is the smoothest.

We're wanting to try many flavored syrups this summer. :yummy: :yummy:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
It's often extra dark roast with a splash of almond milk or oat milk for me. Unsure how well coconut milk would complement coffee or which brand is the smoothest.
Welcome to a fellow dark roast lover! :welcomesign: Since I drink it black I can't comment on the coconut milk but when I have a latte or cortado which is made with milk I always choose oat or almond if oat's not available. Personally I feel coconut milk alters the taste.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just went with the white chocolate macadamia
I was gonna try that exact drink at Tim Hortons today! But they said their machine was down and they couldn't make lattes. Weird! So I just got my regular French Vanilla Cappuccino, which might be a powder mix, I have no idea what it is. I should ask. But it's really good. I had one at 10am and one at 4pm.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was gonna try that exact drink at Tim Hortons today! But they said their machine was down and they couldn't make lattes. Weird! So I just got my regular French Vanilla Cappuccino, which might be a powder mix, I have no idea what it is. I should ask. But it's really good. I had one at 10am and one at 4pm.
I know Tim Horton's cappuccino at least used to be a mix. They used to sell the mix so it could be made at home but I don't know if they still do or not. I haven't been in a Tim Hortons in quite a while. They used to also have an English Toffee cappuccino.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I swear Dunkin is trying to sabotage me. I converted my points for a free large iced cocoa mocha signature latte, and bought five munchkins for J and I to share. They charged me for five munchkins...and gave me ten.

This is one of the (many) reasons I'm not losing this babyweight, I swear.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I swear Dunkin is trying to sabotage me
So you usually just get 5 pumps of syrup, no sugar? I was gonna try that at McDonalds yesterday, but they only let me have 3 pumps on the app. It was crap. Tasted like thin sugar water.

Today I'm drinking Donut Shop Cinnamon Toast Crunch Latte K-Cups broken up in a mug of hot milk with 1/4 cup of Coffee Mate French Vanilla Creamer and 1/2TB Cafe Bustelo Instant Espresso Added. I had two of those today. The first cup didn't have any creamer because dad bought it after I drank it.

1690229780258.png

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So you usually just get 5 pumps of syrup, no sugar? I was gonna try that at McDonalds yesterday, but they only let me have 3 pumps on the app. It was crap. Tasted like thin sugar water.
I don't normally order in the app because I don't want to just put my credit cards in them, so unless I have a gift card in the app or a free drink, I don't order ahead.

I upped the pumps because I got a bigger drink than usual, and 3 didn't seem like enough. I couldn't find a place to just add sugar in the Starbucks app like I can in the Dunkin app. But I don't use it as much, so I'm not as familiar.

I've only gotten fancy drinks from McDonald's, and I don't have the app - my husband does, so I just order them as is.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't normally order in the app because I don't want to just put my credit cards in them, so unless I have a gift card in the app or a free drink, I don't order ahead.

I upped the pumps because I got a bigger drink than usual, and 3 didn't seem like enough. I couldn't find a place to just add sugar in the Starbucks app like I can in the Dunkin app. But I don't use it as much, so I'm not as familiar.

I've only gotten fancy drinks from McDonald's, and I don't have the app - my husband does, so I just order them as is.
Go Dunkin's website and buy a gift card. You can attach it to your account and when it runs low you can reload it on the website. It's very easy to do.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Dark roast black this morning and took a friend out to lunch for her birthday. I ordered coffee and they brought a carafe, needless to say I finished the whole carafe! :lol:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Go Dunkin's website and buy a gift card. You can attach it to your account and when it runs low you can reload it on the website. It's very easy to do.
I used to get Dunkin gift cards with my pampers cash, and then the app decided to revamp their catalog so all the rewards were pampers coupons. Seriously lame. I'm still scanning in case they ever change again.

I have been scanning my receipts in the Fetch app and almost have enough points for a $25 gift card.

I suppose I could buy a gift card to refill, but then I'd allow myself to splurge too much, I think. I already get more coffee than I should.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
then I'd allow myself to splurge too much, I think. I already get more coffee than I should.
I arranged it so all my appointments are on Fridays now. So I just get coffee in town on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays. And no more than 2 per day. That saves me from spending too much. Tim Hortons is $2 cheaper than Dunkin. $3 at Tim Hortons versus $5 at Dunkin. The gas stations are under $2 for the push button ones. The one on the Indian Reservation is only $1, but they close at noon, they are only a breakfast place.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
stopped at Corner Bakery since it's in between the two, for a large coffee (I got the hazelnut cream blend), and a pumpkin muffin.
Panera used to make a pumpkin muffin top that I absolutely loved but I don't think they make it anymore and I don't get there often.

Dark roast black this morning and an Iced Americano while waiting for Carleton's grooming to be done. Then I came home and made an espresso after lunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.