Not open for further replies.

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
What do you think is the:
1. Best Store Brand of Coffee
2. Best Coffee House
3. Best Coffee type i.e. Kona, Jamaican Blue, Columbian.....
4. Best Wholesale Brand of Coffee
5. Favorite Flavored Coffee

I'll try to answer:
1. It's been a while since I've been able to splurge so on the lower end I do like McCafe, Dunkin' and Eight O'Clock, I miss when I actually lived in 'civilization' as I live way out in no mans land. I used to try the little packs of coffees, but it's been so long ago.
2. I like Dunkin Donuts and do not care for Starbucks and I actually like gas station coffee as now you can brew by the cup
3 I do like Columbian, I've never had 100% Kona, and we actually had someone bring us a bag of Jamaican Blue straight from Jamaica I was so looking forward to it and was not Wowed!!!!
4. Ironically Seattle's Best which is supposed to be what SB took over.
5. Hazelnut, French Vanilla and Highlander Grog

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have the same exact dark roast black coffee with breakfast 365 days of the year
Way back before I got into my flavored drinks, I was drinking my coffee black. I liked Sumatra, Italian Roast, French Roast. But with all the stuff I add now, you could never taste the actually coffee. Maybe I'll go back to drinking black coffee. That could be fun.

Walmart is okay. Any brand is fine.

2. Best Coffee House

Sunoco Vanilla Cappuccino is the best and cheapest, but I like most places.

I like Sumatra, or any fun dark roast.

I don't know what that means.

I don't know. I don't usually drink flavored coffee. I drink flavored creamer or cappuccino powder.

Drinking exact same thing as yesterday! Salted Caramel Cappuccino with vanilla almondmilk and half & half.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
2. Best Coffee House
I haven't had a store brand of coffee in a very long time. The last one I had was Private Selection from Kroger.
I used to get lattes from Starbucks but they have gotten too expensive. This summer will be a year since I got a latte from Starbucks.
I used to get Sumatra and Komodo Dragon from Starbucks but now I get a medium roast. I have been stuck on Starbuck's Pike Place from the supermarket for my everyday coffee.
I don't care for flavored coffees or creamers. I do like some of the flavored syrups added to lattes. I make a version of a latte at home with coffee made in a Moka Pot. Right now I have a vanilla, a gingerbread and a caramel syrup to add. I only add a little because I don't care for very sweet coffee. When I was getting lattes from Starbucks, I would ask for an extra shot of espresso and half the normal amount of flavored syrup.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
2. Best Coffee House

1. I think the only store brand I've tried is Walmart's Great Value. It was the creme brulee flavored one and it was awful.

2. I go to Dunkin most often because it's close to my house. I haven't been there in a while though. The service has gotten pretty bad and they changed the rewards program. Not for the better unfortunately. Are they the best? NO. My only other option is Starbucks. They (IMO) are mid tier on a good day just like Dunkin but I refuse to wait at least 20 minutes in the drive through for mid tier level coffee. The closest location is in a strip mall that was not designed to handle the kind of traffic that SB gets. Going inside is next to impossible because there are never any parking spots.

3. I'm a dark roast girl

4. Peet's Major Dickason's blend and Cameron Coffee Woods & Water.

5. Cameron Coffee Highlander Grog. I've tried SO many flavored coffees from so many brands and this one is the best IMO especially for the price. It's $5. Look at how many times I've bought it. :lol: It has a permanent spot on my subscribe & save list.

1673898013268.png

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
To make a genuine Americano you need espresso. The same is true for a cappuccino or latte. You can make something that is very close to espresso with a Moka pot. I have a Nespresso machine but I got tired of the expense and waste from the pods so I switched to an inexpensive Moka pot and it is very close to espresso. It is actually what most Italians use at home.

So I had to google an Americanco - do you need an espresso machine?

Status
Not open for further replies.