Coffee and Tea Talk - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
~ Had a cup of Folders instant the other night. Same thing — like sipping colored water . 😩
Wait, but that’s the one they sneak into America’s Finest Restaurants, then film diners’ reactions on teevee! They all can’t believe it’s not real coffee! JC, you are disillusioning me! :lol: Are you doing a taste test of instant coffees?

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
One of the greatest describers of coffee is Steinbeck, whether Grapes of Wrath, Dubious Battle or Travels w Charley. In that last book, he has delicious vending machine paragraphs.
We used to have a beverage machine at the local laundromat. I remember getting a hot chocolate from it and there were ants crawling all over it. So I never usual get coffee from them but still at highway rest stops or middle of the night at hospitals you don’t have other choices.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How do you get coffee from a vending machine?!
It looks something like this, but probably a different brand.

There aren’t a lot around but you put in your money, choose your coffee and whether you want creamer and or sugar. Then a cup drops down and fills. Usually it is barely hot or drinkable.
The vending area in our library is kept clean, and my coffee has always come out really hot. For $1.75, it's good enough for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.