Coffee and Tea Talk - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
A coffee bonanza this morning! I stopped at a somewhat distant dollar store this morning and as I have done since they quit carrying the salted caramel coffee syrup I loved, first went to the coffee section to check if it was back in stock. It has been over a year and I am down to the very very last of my stash at home and I have tried all the major brands, Torani, Jordan, etc but just haven’t liked the taste of them. The dollar store didn’t have the brand I have purchased in the past but they had a new brand of salted caramel syrup. Bought a bottle, brought it home, made a cup and it was perfect. Back to the store and now I have eight bottles in the pantry, enough for a very long time.

There is a small grocery chain next to the dollar store and when I checked out their coffee aisles they had a bunch of small brand, small quantity prepackaged coffees. One was a light roast Hawaiian brand I am going to try next.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
~ This is a coffee I have not seen on store shelves around here ...☕
View attachment 446689
View attachment 446690
It's been around forever. I don't think I've tried it though..

What happened to Chase & Sanborn?
  • Nabisco sold Chase & Sanborn to Kraft-General Foods in 1982. Hills Bros. bought the company in 1984; Nestle became the new parent in 1985. Nestle sold its US coffee business to Sara Lee in 1999, and the Chase & Sanborn, Hills Bros., MJB, and Chock Full O' Nuts brands were sold to Massimo Zanetti Beverage Group in 2006.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Dark roast black bright and early this morning and again at lunch. When DH and I went out this afternoon he wanted me to stop at our favorite coffee shop and since I was driving that's exactly where we went - I had my old standby which is still my 1st choice, latte with oat milk and cinnamon on top.

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
☕ I am getting spoiled by my Mr.Coffee automatic coffeemaker. As I sit and watch the coconut cream melt in the hot coffee I add a drop of MonkFruit to sweeten the brew. Sometimes I use heavy cream. The cats come and go from the table, looking at my cup and gazing out the window.
A lazy ritual ...
animated-smileys-drinking-044.gif

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
☕ I am getting spoiled by my Mr.Coffee automatic coffeemaker. As I sit and watch the coconut cream melt in the hot coffee I add a drop of MonkFruit to sweeten the brew. Sometimes I use heavy cream. The cats come and go from the table, looking at my cup and gazing out the window.
A lazy ritual ... View attachment 446729
It all sounds wonderful. If that is Monkfruit sweetener you are using, check to be sure it doesn’t have
Erythritol in it. Recent news is that is dangerous stuff.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Does anyone have an AeroPress or know someone who has it? I heard it's great for coffee lovers who are traveling.
Aeropress Coffee Maker Review 2023- The Coffee Folk
No, but I have and recommend these, which I got both for camping, and if I have to flee from fire. The are hardy & easy to use. The brewer on the left is called “Moka.” I try not to use plastic. The video makes it seem like that cup could slip and spill hot water and grounds all over you, if you aren’t careful. That being said, let me know if you try it.

6369BBE6-AEBD-480E-8C9C-7C733F91BE08.jpeg 826D2FA4-4EA7-49AC-ADC7-7D5588CC899F.jpeg

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It all sounds wonderful. If that is Monkfruit sweetener you are using, check to be sure it doesn’t have
Erythritol in it. Recent news is that is dangerous stuff.
I actually had a bag of it in the cupboard that I had bought months ago and fortunately never opened. After reading it can cause heart attack or stroke I tossed it.
Even though too much sugar is unhealthy, I personally try to stay away from the artificial sweeteners, and thought I knew most of them, however, I've never heard of Erythritol. Wouldn't be surprised, though, if it's hidden in the ingredients lists in several foods. Better start checking labels again. Hope it's not in my Suisse Mocha. :nervous:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I doubt it. I mostly see it in those Keto diet foods, like pancakes.
You were right. Not there.

I got a French vanilla mocha from the coffee vending machine at the library this morning.
You were at the library already? You must be feeling pretty good then. 🤱

Status
Not open for further replies.