Coffee and Tea Talk - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
My reusable K cup pods arrived today so tomorrow I will do a comparison of drip coffee vs Keurig machine using the same coffee. The plus of staying with the drip machine is that it would be a little less expensive because it doesn’t need bottled water. It’s negatives are that it is sort of awkward to add water and it’s a very slow brew.

The plus of staying with the Keurig is that it’s faster to make a cup of coffee. The negatives are bottled water Is required and I don’t like rinsing reusable pods.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
The reusable pod makes a fine cup of coffee in the Keurig. I think I will end up staying with the Keurig and these pods. Cleaning them is a nuisance but pods come in a four pack so it’s not like I need to do it immediately to make my second cup.

Last edited:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Saturday I got an Irish Cream Latte with 3 sugars added at Dunkin. It was perfect made that way! I will make it that way from now on! Adding extra flavor shots didn't make it sweet enough, plus they charged me for each extra one! But the free sugar was perfect! So I'll do that from now on. $4 something for the small though. Should have gotten the medium for a little more!

Sunday morning I had instant espresso at my friend's house. I really liked it, I forget the name, but it was a really fine powder. She used hot water from a machine with a spout that she has and I added my Butter Pecan Liquid Creamer that I brought with me.

Sunday evening I stopped at a local market on my way home and had a Cookie's & Cream Cappuccino. It was okay, but not sweet enough. I didn't think to add sugar packets, that probably would have improved it! I will try that next time.

Monday morning on the way to the vet, dad and I stopped at that same local market and I got White Chocolate Caramel Cappuccino. It was okay, but not sweet enough.

Monday evening my brother and I got a cappuccino at that same local market when we went to pick up our dinner. He got Vanilla, I got York Peppermint. It wasn't sweet enough. Next time I'll add sugar packets if they have them.

This morning I had Shamrock Farms Birthday Cake Milk with 3TB of Folgers Vanilla Cappuccino Powder, and 2Tsp Nescafe Dark Roast Instant Coffee. It was good, but I should have added sugar!
1679425501398.png

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm about to drink Shamrock Farms Vanilla Milk with 3TB Folgers Vanilla Cappuccino Powder, 2Tsp Nescafe Dark Roast Instant Coffee, and 3Tsp Raw Turbinado Sugar that my friend gave me.

Not as good as when I use instant Espresso! I'm getting so I only want Espresso for some reason. But I didn't find the Instant Espresso at Dollar General until I already bought this one. It will take me a while to use up.

Last edited:

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Earl Grey tonight. With lemon and a touch of honey! Lovely stuff.
The last time I was on a big tea kick I was drinking Earl Grey, it is nice. Another one you would probably like if you like Earl Grey is Constant Comment. I don't think it is available in Kcups at least not yet. I think it is only available as tea bags or loose leaf.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Something I learned today for all those using a Keurig machines. They have to be descaled on a regular basis the Keurig descaling solution runs about $12 a bottle for a single time use. Out of curiosity I checked out the ingredients and it’s just citric acid in water. Turns out you can buy Affresh Coffee cleaner tablets, also just citric acid that you dissolve in water, at hardware stores and online, for about $6 for THREE tablets, taking the cost of descaling your machine from $12 to $2 each time.

Last edited:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Dark roast black with breakfast, espresso with lunch and a decaf coffee at a coffee shop this afternoon. Can't believe I got a decaf but I just felt I didn't need anymore caffeine - blasphemy!!! :disturbed:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like those machines are more trouble than they are worth. Maybe I will just stick to my instant coffee. My friend is going to let me come over and try her K-cup machine this weekend to see if I like it.

This morning I had Victor Allen's Pumpkin Spice Iced Latte in a can, 3TB Cinnamon Dolce Skinny Syrup, 2Tsp Nescafe Dark Roast Instant Coffee, 1TB Raw Turbinado Sugar. Heated in microwave of course.

Last edited:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like those machines are more trouble than they are worth. Maybe I will just stick to my instant coffee. My friend is going to let me come over and try her K-cup machine this weekend to see if I like it.

This morning I had Victor Allen's Pumpkin Spice Iced Latte in a can, 3TB Cinnamon Dolce Skinny Syrup, 2Tsp Nescafe Dark Roast Instant Coffee, 1TB Raw Turbinado Sugar. Heated in microwave of course.
If you use the Kcups it’s pretty expensive.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Still messing around doing comparisons. Opened one of my remaining K cups and poured it into the reusable pod. Had to add some extra coffee to it fill it. Unremarkable, flat cup of coffee, sort of bitter so I had to add some syrup to it. No noticeable caffeine hit. Then a cup of just Essential coffee. Delicious, no syrup needed. Now I have to decide if I will force myself to use up the last few Kcups or just dump them.

Status
Not open for further replies.