Coffee and Tea Talk - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
Cup of 2% Milk, 3TB Victorian Inn French Vanilla Cappuccino. Microwaved in smaller mug for 2 minutes 20 seconds. I got it piping hot this time, but I got distracted and it boiled all over the microwave. What a mess. Got to pay attention! It was okay, but maybe I would like it better made in just water. I'll try that later this afternoon...
Must be the day for it. Hubby made coffee this morning and fixed up a cup for me. But I’m a slowpoke in the morning, so it had cooled a bit by the time I came down to the kitchen. I added a dash of cinnamon and nutmeg and popped it in the microwave for 1 min. Totally boiled over. 🤦‍♀️ I gotta remember that our microwave runs a little more intensely, especially on high.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I added a dash of cinnamon and nutmeg and popped it in the microwave for 1 min. Totally boiled over.
Yes! It totally boils over when I add the fixins'. Maybe I should add the powders afterwards, but it might cool it down too much. Towards the end, I have to stop it every 10 seconds or it boils over!

Tried it with a cup of water, 1/3 Cup Victorian Inn French Vanilla Cappuccino Powder, 1Tsp Aldi Decaf Instant Coffee. Microwaved 2 minutes 20 seconds, powders added last 50 seconds. Much better! That's sad that I like it better made with just water, because I love using my flavored milks and shakes.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I stopped at the café from my gift card and got a medium iced coffee with marshmallow syrup and oat milk. And I have enough money left on the card for another coffee and probably a cookie.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
had another black coffee when we went to lunch.
Do they tell you what roast or type?

Half Cup Water, Half Cup 2% Milk, 1/4 Cup Victorian Inn French Vanilla Cappuccino Powder. Microwaved 2 minutes 20 seconds. Added the powder afterwards this time. It was pretty hot, it didn't cool it down too much, so maybe I'll make it this way from now on. It did overflow all over the microwave again, I got distracted again. But this time it was just milk/water, so I didn't lose any of my cappuccino powder.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Green Mountain Nantucket roast with almond milk for breakfast.
Noontime: iced coffee from our store--only $1 for 10 oz cup--good deal.
They only carry Coffee Mate creamer or half and half. I am getting a bit of the Coffeemate creamer in it. I asked for them to get some shelf life almond milk for the coffee.
They are doing so, on their next order.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Half Cup Water, Half Cup 2% Milk, 1/3 Cup Victorian Inn French Vanilla Cappuccino Powder. Microwaved 2 minutes 15 seconds. This time it exploded all over the counter when I stuck the spoon in it to stir! Quite the mess, but it tasted the best yet! So putting the powder in after it cooks tastes better.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm having real Spanish Horchata made with Tigernuts instead of rice milk. It's really sweet. I wonder if I would like the Mexican Rice Milk one better, but it only comes in a 6 pack. Having it with my Vanilla Cappuccino Powder. Here's a pic of both versions:
1658065634491.png
1658065687184.png

Last edited:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
huh. Must be for folks who can't use dairy products.
It says it has 300 pumps of creamer in it, but it's only good for 30 days on the shelf opened. Not sure if I would use 300 pumps in 1 month! But knowing how sweet I like my drinks, maybe...

Status
Not open for further replies.