Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Percolating in a happily imbibed chai.
You're percolating or the chai is? :lol:

Hot, black and tasty on this weirdly chilly morning
It was freezing this morning, so I put on a 3 quarter length sleeve shirt, but now I'm too hot! Should have just thrown on some socks with a short sleeved shirt I think. Wasn't expecting it to go from freezing to hot!

Got my cappuccino. Drinking half cup water, half cup 2% Milk, 1/3 cup Victorian Inn french vanilla cappuccino powder, 2Tsp Pilon Instant Espresso. Microwaved for 3 minutes 15 seconds. Pretty good!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Half cup water, half cup 2% Milk, 1/3 cup Victorian Inn french vanilla cappuccino powder. Microwaved for 3 minutes 15 seconds. Tasted a little burnt this time. I'll try adding the powder towards the end and see if that fixes it. I can't really lessen the time, because I like it piping hot and this microwave takes forever.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
As far north as you can go in NY, at the border to Cornwall, Ontario, Canada.
Oh wow, that's really far North, no wonder it's cold in the morning.

I got an e-mall that if I bring my own clean cup to Starbucks I can earn 25 stars and 10 cents off so I may stop for an Iced Americano this afternoon.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got an e-mall that if I bring my own clean cup to Starbucks
That doesn't sound very sanitary to a germaphobe. Are the baristas gonna be grabbing and handling used cups, then touching the coffee fixins'? I don't think I like that idea...

Drinking half cup water, half cup 2% milk, 1/3 cup Victorian Inn French Vanilla Cappucino, and I wanted to finish up the Pilon Espresso. There was a Tablespoon left, so I chucked it all in there. I'm gonna be feeling that buzz later I bet!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love this big canister of cappuccino. It's 32oz. They have another bigger one that is 48oz, but it's so huge that I would have to keep it on a counter and my mother would never let me have that much space. But if I ever live alone I am definitely getting it! This 32oz one is pretty big & unwieldy, but I can just get my hands around it to get it out of the cupboard. The bigger one would have to be set on a shelf.
1657658699982.png
1657658710531.png

Last edited:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Guys, I won a raffle with these e-tickets I'd been earning through J's summer reading program for a $15 gift card for a local cafe. We just went to the library yesterday, so I'll have to pick it up next time we go so I can get coffee.

TabbyCatCoffeeCo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I completely agree! :agree: I buy my coffee beans at an independent roaster and their drinks are my absolute favorite. Unfortunately they're not near my house so when I'm in the neighborhood I usually end up going to Starbucks. :ohwell:
Their is one roaster that is about 35mins away, but otherwise I order my coffee online from small businesses. I haven't been to a starbucks in years lol, closest one is 45mins away.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Are the baristas gonna be grabbing and handling used cups, then touching the coffee fixins'?
You have to bring your own clean cup. They don't handle used cups so no germs involved. Since I usually get an Americano there's hardly any fixins the way that they make it - the espresso comes out of a spigot and so does the water.

Got my Iced Americano this afternoon but forgot to bring my own clean cup. :doh:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
You have to bring your own clean cup. They don't handle used cups so no germs involved. Since I usually get an Americano there's hardly any fixins the way that they make it - the espresso comes out of a spigot and so does the water.

Got my Iced Americano this afternoon but forgot to bring my own clean cup. :doh:
Many years ago, when I was working, before Covid, Starbucks had the 'use your own cup' option. You would not believe the condition of some of the cups. I was talking to a barista about it.
Some people never washed their mugs. Some were really disgusting. This Starbucks was across the street from a hospital!! Mostly hospital employees going in there. All they did was, sometimes, rinse the dirty cup in hot water, before filling. They never refused anyone's cup--no matter what condition it was in..

I did it a couple of times, then rethought it. .. Nope, not for me.....

Last edited:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some people never washed their mugs. Some were really disgusting. This Starbucks was across the street from a hospital!! Mostly hospital employees going in there. All they did was, sometimes, rinse the dirty cup in hot water, before filling. They never refused anyone's cup--no matter what condition it was in..
Yeah, that's what I meant. They are touching those gross dirty cups, then other customers' fresh cups. Doubt they wash their hands between every customer!

Half Cup Water, Half Cup 2% Milk, 1/4 Cup Victorian Inn French Vanilla Cappuccino, 1Tsp Aldi Decaf Instant Coffee. Microwaved 3 minutes 20 seconds, powder added halfway through. Piping hot, but tasted very burnt! Guess I will have to go back to 2 minutes 20 seconds, but it never gets hot enough. Better than tasting burnt though!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cup 2% Milk, 1/3 Cup Victorian Inn French Vanilla Cappuccino. Microwaved 2 minutes 15 seconds. Tasted better, but was on the cold side. I'll keep playing around with it...

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cup of 2% Milk, 3TB Victorian Inn French Vanilla Cappuccino. Microwaved in smaller mug for 2 minutes 20 seconds. I got it piping hot this time, but I got distracted and it boiled all over the microwave. What a mess. Got to pay attention! It was okay, but maybe I would like it better made in just water. I'll try that later this afternoon...

Status
Not open for further replies.