Coffee and Tea Talk - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Treated myself to a tall regular black organic French roast. Went down mighty fine, and gained some needed philosophical perspective on choices as per my aging cat’s digestion…decided to follow a little the path less taken, and let him poop outside, afternoons only: what the heck, he’s 18.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you going to try it?
Maybe. It would be fun to try some syrups. I think the only one I've ever bought was Vanilla.

Hmmm, I was thinking it'd be on the too sweet side of things?
I don't like dessert, but I do like my sweet drinks. I always go back to vanilla though.

Drinking Hills Bros Classic Cappuccino and finished up the Pea/Flax Milk. It's okay. I think it needs a little sugar added though, it's really watered down with all the fillers they put in it. I'll fiddle around with it tomorrow.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Half Cup Water, Half Cup Rise Vanilla Oat Milk, 3TB Hills Bros Classic Cappuccino Powder, 1TB Nutpods Unsweetened Coffee Cake Creamer, 1/2TB Pilon Instant Espresso. Microwaved 2 minutes 40 seconds, powders added last 50 seconds.

Lari Lari --You're really gonna have to add some sugar to your Nutpods unsweetened creamer. It tastes like cake without the sugar. It's a pleasant taste, but definitely needs some sugar. I'll add some next time, I wanted to get a feel for the taste plain this time.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lari Lari --You're really gonna have to add some sugar to your Nutpods unsweetened creamer. It tastes like cake without the sugar. It's a pleasant taste, but definitely needs some sugar. I'll add some next time, I wanted to get a feel for the taste plain this time.
I mean, I always add sugar anyway.

We'll probably go see the in-laws around the 4th of July, so I'll probably bring it. I also picked up these on a buy two sale, so will bring them as well.
20220615_084519.jpg

The banana will probably be weird, but it's small, so I'll try it.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The banana will probably be weird, but it's small, so I'll try it.
The banana one will be fun for you to try. Does it have any sugar in it? The only place I could find it was Amazon, and it's $14 for a multi pack. I'm going to try to get that banana almond milk from Price Chopper soon. I'm really curious about it.

Drinking-- Half Cup Water, Half Cup Rise Vanilla Oat Milk, 3TB Hills Bros Classic Cappuccino Powder, 1TB Nutpods Unsweetened Coffee Cake Creamer, 1/2TB Pilon Instant Espresso, 1/2TB Honeeva Cinnamon Honey Sugar Powder. Heated in microwave 3 minutes in big glass measuring cup, added powders last 50 seconds. Takes forever to get it piping hot in the glass, but I only had to stir it like twice instead of 10 times.

This creamer is so unsweet, it needs more sugar than 1/2TB next time.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hot 🍵 of black ☕
You're drinking your coffee in a tea cup? 🤔

Half Cup Water, Half Cup Rise Vanilla Oat Milk, 3TB Hills Bros Classic Cappuccino Powder, 1TB Nutpods Unsweetened Coffee Cake Creamer, 1TB Honeeva Cinnamon Honey Sugar Powder- used it up. Microwaved 3 minutes in big glass measuring cup. Much better with a Tablespoon of Sugar, this creamer is so unsweet, it really waters down the coffee.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Holy crap, it got hot here in NY! It went from freezing me to scorching me in one day. That's really jarring...

Half Cup Water, Half Cup Rise Vanilla Oat Milk, 1/4 Cup Hills Bros Classic Cappuccino Powder, 1TB Nutpods Unsweetened Coffee Cake Creamer, 1/2TB Espresso Sugar. Microwaved in mug for 2 minutes 40 seconds. Powders added last 1 minute. Pretty good!

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Reheated, eked out, much adored organic regular black, mindfully using the same paper cup. Wish someone would give me a gentle electic shock when I forget to use a travel mug, trying to avoid plastic lids. Hopefully this caffeine gets my truckload of wood chips I have into the garden, one wheelbarrow at a time…fortunately the downhill part is when the wheelbarrow is full.

Status
Not open for further replies.