Coffee and Tea Talk - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Idk, enough to cover the bottom of the mug? I'm not good at measuring these things like you.
A couple Tablespoons? Tablespoons are easy to measure. I measure everything... :thumbsup:

Drinking-- Half Cup Pacific Sweetened Vanilla Hemp Milk, Half Cup Water, 1/2TB Pilon Cuban Espresso, 3TB Folgers French Vanilla Cappuccino. Microwaved for 2 minutes, put powders in the last 20 seconds. Had to stir it 2 or 3 times so it didn't explode. It still seemed like too much coffee. I'll try it with one level teaspoon tomorrow. I guess I don't like my coffee strong anymore? 😲

Finished up the Folgers French Vanilla Cappuccino. I'll definitely buy this again, it was good! Folgers must measure this out when they package it, cause there were exactly 3TB left at the bottom, none left over. Cool.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A couple Tablespoons? Tablespoons are easy to measure. I measure everything... :thumbsup:
Yes, but honey doesn't come off the spoon very easily, so it annoys me when I have to actually measure it in recipes. In fact, if I need the same amount of an oil and honey, I use the spoon with the oil first so the honey slips off. So I just squirt it from the bottle into the mug.

Had a third cup of coffee today. I've been feeling kind of lethargic. In between the weather and covid, I just am not feeling it.

It also doesn't help that someone has learned the sign for milk, been asking 500million times a day, and biting way too often.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Coffee day today... Did not sleep well and cleaning person is supposed to arrive late this afternoon.. so I have to be alert and not sleepy..

Breakfast Blend K cup, on strong, with almond milk and a bit of maple syrup,,,
Kite Hill almond milk vanilla yogurt...

I will have another cup of coffee later....

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Half cup Pacific Sweetened Vanilla Hemp Milk, Half Cup Water, 1Tsp Pilon Instant Espresso, 3TB Hills Bros Hazelnut Cappuccino. Not sure how I feel about the hazelnut yet. Dad says it smells terrible! He's never said that about my coffee before. :headscratch:

1642863391884.png

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Today may end up being a 2 mocha day, as it's cold, and I've already treated myself to a cup. ☕

Had a third cup of coffee today. I've been feeling kind of lethargic. In between the weather and covid, I just am not feeling it.

It also doesn't help that someone has learned the sign for milk, been asking 500million times a day, and biting way too often.
Just the normal stress of trying to avoid Covid, though, right. Not that you have it. :crossfingers:

And, ouchie, on the biting. 🤗 How much longer before she'll be getting her, uhm, beverages from the fridge?

Not sure how I feel about the hazelnut yet. Dad says it smells terrible! He's never said that about my coffee before. :headscratch:
Hmmm... that's not a great endorsement, is it. :lol:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just the normal stress of trying to avoid Covid, though, right. Not that you have it. :crossfingers:
I don't think I do. If I do, it's super mild. Winter is just always hard for me, and the fact that we can't get out to eat in restaurants, or take J to fun places like the library, and I'm even skipping stroller strides and going to the grocery store this month until Omicron peaks and it starts getting better is doing a number on me.

And, ouchie, on the biting. 🤗 How much longer before she'll be getting her, uhm, beverages from the fridge?
At the rate she's going, about 16 years. :lol:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Winter is just always hard for me
I know. I wish I could feel differently about winter, but I can't. At least not in this house. Maybe if I had my own cozy house, I would.

Finished up the Pacific Vanilla Hemp Milk, half cup, with half cup water, 3TB Hills Bros Hazelnut Cappuccino. I'm not feeling the hazelnut yet, but maybe it will grow on me. I miss my vanilla though! Maybe I can mix the 2 together and make vanilla hazelnut?

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Drinking Chai Tea with milk in it. I'm real sick, shaking, panic attacks. I hope I get better soon. It doesn't help that my Dad thinks it's stupid and yells at me and says I'm a burden. I really need to get out... Anyway, to keep it on topic, I actually like this tea with no sugar added. That's amazing...

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope you feel better soon M maggiedemi , and find your way out. I wish you had someone else you could stay with until you were ready to strike out on your own. Also, chai is super flavorful. I'd probably even drink it without sweetener. If I had to. I might have some later. It's really cold, but it snowed and I'm wondering if I should take J out for a few minutes.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending you a virtual hug
Thank you for always caring about me. :hugs:

I wish you had someone else you could stay with until you were ready to strike out on your own.
Thank you. One friend in Georgia did offer, but I don't want to live off people. I want my own home and my own things. The Chai tea tastes really good with milk in it.

Drinking-- Half Cup So Delicious Sweetened Vanilla Coconut Milk, Half Cup Water, 3TB Hills Bros Hazelnut Cappuccino. The hazelnut still hasn't grown on me, so will probably stick with vanilla when this is gone.

1642972561275.png
1642972612118.png

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The hazelnut still hasn't grown on me, so will probably stick with vanilla when this is gone
I think hazelnut is one of those thibgs you either like or don't.

I made hot chocolate with three tbsp sugar (look at me measuring!), 3 tbsp cocoa powder, a few enjoy life chocolate chunks, boiling water, and a dash of plant milk.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
One friend in Georgia did offer, but I don't want to live off people. I want my own home and my own things.
I'm so sorry you are unhappy and wish there was a way for you to get out on your own.:rbheart: I'm sure it would help with so many things including the shakes and panic attacks. I remember you said you weren't ready yet but when the time comes do you think your friend in Georgia could help you find a place close by to them? Until then, please know that we all care deeply about you. :hugs:

Snowy and cold day so two large mugs of dark roast coffee. Looking forward to watch All Creatures Great & Small tonight.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think hazelnut is one of those thibgs you either like or don't.

I made hot chocolate with three tbsp sugar (look at me measuring!), 3 tbsp cocoa powder, a few enjoy life chocolate chunks, boiling water, and a dash of plant milk.
I agree. I don't like them at all and I can't stand Nutella.

Today was italian roast espresso with zombie cure added in.

Status
Not open for further replies.