Coffee and Tea Talk - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am thinking probably Maxwell House, since it's the instant coffee
Yes, a nice boring medium roast would suit you just fine! Don't get Espresso! That's wonderfully strong & awesome. Mine is arriving today thank God. I missed it so much. Trying a different brand though...

I figured I would try hot chocolate one more time, and nope, I still don't like chocolate. Made it in hot milk and added 2Tsp Taster's Choice French Roast Instant Coffee. Good thing I don't like it, 'cause I made a mess, chocolate everywhere!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yup, boring medium roast sounds right for me. Expresso, not so much. Glad you're getting yours though. Hope you like it.

Even though I love chocolate, and sugar, I find hot chocolate too sweet, which is why I think my suisse mocha is just right for me.

Was googling "mild instant coffees" and didn't find the answer I was looking for, but did find this comic, which applies to me. :lol:

1642172672552.png

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yup, boring medium roast sounds right for me.
Yes, any medium roast would do. Just use 1 level teaspoon or 1 heaping teaspoon. I wouldn't go above that for you.

Even though I love chocolate, and sugar, I find hot chocolate too sweet
Oh, I figured the Mocha and Hot Cocoa would be the same. I'm sure I've tried Mocha before, but I forget what it tastes like. Maybe I'll get the Hills Bros one. Do you have this flavor in Canada? Sounds perfect for you!
1642174302967.png

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yes, any medium roast would do. Just use 1 level teaspoon or 1 heaping teaspoon. I wouldn't go above that for you.
Thanks for the tip on the amount to use.

Oh, I figured the Mocha and Hot Cocoa would be the same. I'm sure I've tried Mocha before, but I forget what it tastes like. Maybe I'll get the Hills Bros one. Do you have this flavor in Canada? Sounds perfect for you!
1642174302967.png
Mocha and Hot Chocolate ends up being more hot chocolate-y, at least that's what I found when I worked and the coffee machine could do coffee, hot chocolate and mocha. That Hills Bros mocha might be more coffee-like, so you might like it. Doesn't look like we have it here though, at least not checking on line. Will look in person, whenever I'm out again.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
cover6.jpg

View attachment 407700
Mocha is chocolate with coffee and hot chocolate is chocolate without coffee. So since you're not a chocolate fan, I'm not sure mocha would be right for you.

Lari Lari --Look what I found! Eggnog Cappuccino. I might try it.

View attachment 407701
That looks so good! Man I miss dairy sometimes.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dunno how I feel about eggnog flavor with coffee. My brain says noooooo!! but I should probably try it first, lol.

Sometimes if I want coffee but am out of creamer or half & half, I'll use a packet of hot cocoa. Of course, only the kind with powdered milk in it will work; the brands that you're supposed to add to milk wouldn't be the same.

I like a nice cup of sugared milk with a little coffee flavor :tongue: .

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That looks so good! Man I miss dairy sometimes.
I ordered the Eggnog Cappuccino. I probably won't like it, but you never know, maybe I will branch out from Vanilla.

Drinking-- Macadamia Milk, Taster's Choice French Roast Instant Coffee, Folgers Vanilla Cappuccino.
It's okay, not as flavorful as Almond Milk.
1642197103239.png
1642197198726.png

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I drink over 10 cups of coffee a day. Been like this for over 30 years now.. I'll even microwave my cup if it cools down. I use crappy instant with full fat milk. Yes I have Issues lol. Ok I need to make a coffee. TC Guy's :)
Drink what you like. We don't judge. Coffee lovers unite. :jive:

I used to microwave my coffee too. Then I got one of these. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IR77HBS/?tag=thecatsite

It does what it says. It is spillproof and keeps my coffee good and hot. I recommend it highly.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been going between tea and coffee.. and between oatmeal and almond milk yogurt for breakfast.

I am trying to cut back a bit on my caffeine intake.. I think it may be better for me..
probably need to get back to green tea, also. I have a cabinet full of coffee and teas..

Really cold here... dangerously cold. Not going out today, or tomorrow. I will watch Morning Mass on TV... Between the cold and Omicron, it is getting harder to go to church and feel safe...
Excuses, but.....

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I drink over 10 cups of coffee a day.
I used to drink pots of coffee when I drank it black. Now that I add sugary stuff, I only drink 2 cups per day.

Drinking-- Half Water, Half Sweetened Macadamia Milk, 1/2TB Taster's Choice French Roast Instant Coffee, 3TB Folgers French Vanilla Cappuccino. I really like it better with half water, the macadamia milk is super nutty.

Microwaved for 2 minutes, but stopped it at final 20 secs to add the powders, then put back in. Didn't explode this time. Yay!

1642258411171.png
1642258422198.png
1642258437301.png

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I drink over 10 cups of coffee a day. Been like this for over 30 years now..
Wow, you're my hero! You came to the right thread, we love coffee. :thumbsup: And tea too.

I had my morning dark roast coffee and will probably need another by lunchtime. It was 7F with the windchill when I woke up so holding a warm cup in my hands felt divine.

JellisMom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I always start off the morning with a k-cup along with a Activia yogurt. I find the yogurt helps settle my stomach after taking the Areds eye vitamin I take every morning. So that’s my daily routine. The coffee I like black and I use the flavored K-cups. I had the Dunkin’Eggnog Spice K-cup today. I’ll be glad when I use these. Won’t be buying that flavor again.

Attachments

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Drinking--- Half cup water, half cup sweetened Macadamia Milk, 1 level Teaspoon Taster's Choice French Roast Instant Coffee, 3TB Folgers French Vanilla Cappuccino. Microwaved water & milk for 2 minutes, stopped it with 20 seconds left to add the coffee & capp powders, back in for final 20 secs.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Drinking--- Cup of Warm Macadamia Milk, 3TB Folgers French Vanilla Cappuccino. I left out the Taster's Choice instant coffee and it tastes sooo much better without it. I hate to waste, but I might compost it and open the Espresso.

Status
Not open for further replies.