Coffee and Tea Talk - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Dark roast and black this morning but since I desperately need new coffee beans I'm planning to go to the roastery today and looking forward to a latte w/oat milk and cinnamon on top. :anticipation:
That sounds so good.. I may get that with my almost expired stars (from SB)... or a Mocha latte.... or what ever...

My b-day is upcoming, so will get a free drink from SB....

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Dark roast black coffee this morning and an Americano this afternoon.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Dark roast black coffee this morning and since the weather was in the mid-60's I stopped for an Iced Americano while out.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Since I've been boycotting Starbucks I've been drinking more coffee at home. I go there on occasion if I'm out running errands and need my fix but otherwise I've been grinding my own coffee and getting the beans from a local roastery. Since I was getting low on my bean supply I got another package today and also a latte w/oat milk and cinnamon.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Good for you! I thought I was the only one doing this. It also probably gives you a chance to find out more about where your beans come from. Oat milk and Cinnamon? YUM. Will have to try.
…..was idly wondering as well whether there’s a “parallel universe” TCS where tea is discussed with as much enthusiasm. I wonder if they have the same sorts of cats. :think:

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Good for you! I thought I was the only one doing this. It also probably gives you a chance to find out more about where your beans come from. Oat milk and Cinnamon? YUM. Will have to try.
…..was idly wondering as well whether there’s a “parallel universe” TCS where tea is discussed with as much enthusiasm. I wonder if they have the same sorts of cats. :think:
HA!! Parallel Universe!! Love it... I watch too much Star Trek...

Yeah, I am not getting SB or Dunkin as much as I used to. I did this past week--b-day drink at SB.. which was not good. I ordered an iced, but waiting in the take out line for so long. The order directly in front of me was messed up!! UGH.. I was stuck and could not get out of line. My ice was melted--hot day.. I should have parked and returned it.

Dunkin, only because it was early and I wanted an iced cold brew. We had warm weather this past week. Now, it is back to freezing cold. So, I will probably own be ordering at either place. It is just too expensive. I need to cut costs somewhere.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Celebrated my doctor visit completion with a stop at our local Caribou Coffee, which is a chain similar to Starbucks that is big in our area. Had my favorite, a small Caramel highrise at a staggering price of nearly SIX dollars. Don’t know how people can do this regularly. Anyway a caramel highrise is a latte with caramel syrup and a whole lot of whipped cream, topped with more caramel syrup.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I am so excited! I just got a little Keurig that will accept K-cups OR grounds. For the first time in about 15 years, I get FRESH COFFEE every morning, instead of one cup of fresh, and the next 5 days stuff that was reheated in the microwave! I only drink one cup a day, and was using a normal-size Mr. Coffee. This is luxury for me. It only takes a minute or two to brew. I may ask Santa to bring me a sampler of hot chocolate K-cups for Christmas.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Celebrated my doctor visit completion with a stop at our local Caribou Coffee, which is a chain similar to Starbucks that is big in our area. Had my favorite, a small Caramel highrise at a staggering price of nearly SIX dollars. Don’t know how people can do this regularly. Anyway a caramel highrise is a latte with caramel syrup and a whole lot of whipped cream, topped with more caramel syrup.
We used to have Caribou here but they all closed a number of years ago. The price is the reason I very rarely go to Starbucks now. It has been months since I went. I'm not 'boycotting' them it's just their prices got too high. They have always had expensive coffee drinks but now their prices have gotten absurd.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Dark roast black coffee this morning. We went into the city and tried a new independent coffee shop which was amazing. I had one of their winter specialty lattes - house made almond milk, turmeric, ginger, cinnamon, ashwagandha, wildflower honey, vanilla and espresso. :yummy:

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Dark roast black coffee this morning. We went into the city and tried a new independent coffee shop which was amazing. I had one of their winter specialty lattes - house made almond milk, turmeric, ginger, cinnamon, ashwagandha, wildflower honey, vanilla and espresso. :yummy:
That sounds so amazing and interesting! Would love to try one...

I am losing my points at SB because I am just not using them. It is too expensive. It is cold out. Very rarely do I go out for a hot coffee. It oddly be more of a specialty coffee, if needed. But with the prices so high, I am not buy either SB or DD.
Instead, I am buying a lot of flavored coffees for the Keurig machine. I have: Pumpkin spice, mocha mint, chocolate hazelnut, salted caramel, regular hazelnut, cinnamon dolce, and of course, regular plain coffee. Much less expensive in the long run.
And, I have just as many flavored teas; black and green teas, chai, etc.....and some herbal.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Trying valiantly not to think about the pint of KONA COFFEE ice cream I discovered w/ macadamia milk currently lurking unopened in my freezer. Have decided I only get to eat it if I share it and do lots of exercises.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Dark roast black coffee this morning and an Americano this afternoon. We found a new independent coffee shop we really like that has good desserts and sandwiches too. They're $1.00 cheaper than SB for the same size drink!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.