Coffee and Tea Talk - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
At home, I now have the Silk oat Maple and Brown Sugar creamer.

I decided to get a PSL with oat milk at Dunkin today. I can't remember if the flavor swirls count as heated milk or not, so I'm going to hope so and that it didn't hurt J's tummy, but I've been having a rough time emotionally lately, and I really wanted it as a treat.
Oh, Lari,, Your emotions are out of whack, due to physical changes.. Too much going on, and your emotions are running wild.. and on overload. Do what ever you can for yourself.
J being a toddler, pregnancy, is enough to put anyone over the edge...
As I am always being told;" Be good to yourself. Do not be hard on yourself." You are dong the best you can.

Can you leave J, perhaps overnight at your mom's.. just to give yourself a 24 hour period of grace? It may be beneficial..
~~
Still drinking McDonalds K-cup, with almond milk.
I did have a PS from Green Mountain. It was good, with my own Almond Milk.
There is a local coffee shop which is now producing their own K-cups. I got a box of peppermint mocha.. I tried one..
Yup, very close to SB Peppermint Mocha Latte... which is my favorite.

I picked up some SB fall roast, and another SB brand which sounded interesting. It was on display at the grocery store; so I picked it up for the future.

I am staying away from Dunkin and SB for a couple of reasons: Too expensive, along with too much sugar. I am also trying to cut back on caffeine/coffee. If I want something in the afternoon, I am going to try to make some tea or chai tea, or green tea. I need to eat healthier. I need to lose weight.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you leave J, perhaps overnight at your mom's.. just to give yourself a 24 hour period of grace? It may be beneficial..
I wouldn't feel comfortable doing that. We haven't even moved her out of our room yet, though now that she's sleeping pretty well we'll be doing that in the next couple months.

She does have school on Friday morning, so I think I need to try to relax rather than filling my while time with chores and errands.

Regular decaf this morning. Going to Stroller Strides soon, so probably the second cup in my to go mug.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I haven't posted in a few days but that's because like artiemom artiemom I 've been staying away from SB since they raised their prices again. So I've had two cups of my dark roast black coffee and it suits me just fine. :wink:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
J slept terribly last night so I needed actual caffeine. So I opened the blueberry pancake flavored coffee packet. This one really did smell like blueberry pancakes and tasted delicious.

I had it with plain almond milk. I should have tried my maple brown sugar creamer in it for the second cup.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Cooler weather call for hot drinks, so I'm finding myself having 2 cups of my Suisse Mocha a day now, more often than not. And then a cup of my Green Tea too.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday, I finished my McDonalds K-cups. This morning it is back to a SB K-cup: Fall Festival. It is stronger-- or I put less almond milk in it..
Drinking it, along with a TJ's Pumpkin Spice creamy cashew yogurt; for my breakfast.

Trying to limit myself to just one cup of coffee for breakfast, and a cup of tea in the afternoon.

I cannot remember the last time I went to SB or Dunkin!! They are too expensive for me. I do have 30 points from SB which will expire in November. I am also getting a free B-day drink, in November. I will probably use the stars for a PS; later in the month. I am not a fan of it; but it is tradition.
For the B-day drink, it will definitely be a Peppermint mocha!! I love them. But, I will refrain from getting a Grande. I think I will get a small, and cut down on the flavorings a bit. Of course, It will be made with almond milk, or oat milk.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've only been to Dunkin so much recently because I'd saved for a $30 gift card with my Panpers Cash. Now that I've used it up, I don't see myself going as often. Though I'm pretty sure I have a free drink right now.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Dark roast black for breakfast and went into the city today so had a hot Americano at a wonderful coffee shop. It was $1.30 less than SB and three times as good. 👍 Personally I think SB is resting on their laurels.😒

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've only been to Dunkin so much recently because I'd saved for a $30 gift card with my Panpers Cash. Now that I've used it up, I don't see myself going as often. Though I'm pretty sure I have a free drink right now.
I had a free drink offer from Dunkin that was going to expire so I went last week. I ordered a large iced Americano with cream and mocha. I went to the drive through to get it and as I was pulling away I noticed it wasn't my drink. The line at the drive through was now like 10 cars deep. I had to go in. The same guy who gave me the wrong drink tried to give me another wrong drink. He found the iced Americano but it had nothing in it. The sticker with what was supposed to be in it was on the cup. He "fixed" it and gave it to me. I went home. No mocha. They also changed the rewards program. It was 200 points for a free drink. Now it's 500. I don't see myself going back anytime soon.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
I have not been to either SB or Dunkin for at least a month. Too expensive.. With eh price groceries being outrageous, insurance increasing in price.. and gas increasing.. nope.. Cannot do it.

If I want a coffee, as I did yesterday, I can get a cup of coffee downstairs in the store for $1.00, either iced or hot. Best bargain around. I put a bit of CoffeeMate Mocha creamer in it.. to make it my own. It is between a small and medium sized cup.. just enough, and they get it right. They do it right in front of you.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Yesterday and today 2 cups of my dark roast black coffee.

I have not been to either SB or Dunkin for at least a month. Too expensive.
I don't go to Dunkin but, yes, SB prices have skyrocketed. Who do they think they are? :rolleyes: I drove past the closest store the other day and the line in the drive-thru was ridiculous. I'm surprised other people aren't bothered by the increase in prices.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have noticed a decrease in the lines around here, at both SB and Dunkin.. It could be that school is back in session, but.... who knows??
It's been a long time since I have been to SB. The last time I went a large, iced Vanilla Latte with an extra shot of espresso was a little over $7, that was it for me. I have been experimenting with the Moka Pot and have gotten it the way I like it. Dark roast made in the Moka Pot with a little caramel syrup and foamed milk out of the electric frother. It isn't a copy of the SB or making espresso with the expensive pods in the Nespresso but for the difference in price it is really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.