Coffee and Tea Talk - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
PG Tips--- great tea! It was chilly enough that I felt like tea last night. But, since I had a lot of water, I decided to skip it..

Decided to try a box of McDonalds K-cup. Not bad.. it is ok... still with almond milk.. Had a container of Foragger Cashewmilk vanilla yogurt. It is really good! Did not feel like oatmeal this morning.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I mentioned in an earlier post that I ran out of coffee yesterday and picked up a new box of 100 Keurig Green Mountain Breakfast Blend k-cups, the coffee I have been drinking for maybe 15 years. Today I had to send them an email asking what they had done to their coffee. The usually mild coffee is so strong and bitter that even with extra syrup in it it tasted terrible. When I had my first cup I thought perhaps is was a single bad cup but have tried three and they are all equally bad. Don’t know if I can make it through another 97. We will see what Keurig says.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Had a McD's k-cup for breakfast, with almond milk.

This thought crossed my mind: With all the 'different' companies now selling coffee, does it seem as if the roasters can accommodate all the different companies? even the small ones?

I mean, you have SB, Dunkin, Maxwell House, San Fran Bay, Chock full o'nuts, Green Mountain, New England.. not to mention the others: Tim Hortons, Trader Joes, Mary Lou's, Donut Shop, Paul Newman, etc, and all the generic brands.

I am thinking that there are only a few major roasters out there, adding different company's labels to their product. How can they all be different?? With different roasts, flavors? There has to be a limit and an overlap for all the brands.

It is so confusing, and a 'racket'... as my dad would have said..

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought the Starbucks dairy free pumpkin spice creamer.

Right now I'm having some in my Bigelow pumpkin spice tea.

I love the flavors of fall.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I may have missed it but did you try that Bacon coffee yet, and if so how was it?
I did! I wrote about it on the last page. It was subtle and not overpowering, but I don't think I'd buy it again.

I don't want to try the other two flavors while I have fancy creamers, sobthose might be a while.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I got a Moka pot and electric milk frother, it does a good job. I know it isn't true espresso but it is very close. I have a Nesspresso but the pods are expensive and there is dealing with the waste from all the pods. I have some vanilla syrup and some caramel syrup. I use them sometimes. Sometimes I use a half a packet of Splenda because of all the sugar in the syrups. I am surprised at how fast the Moka pot works and the frother does a good job heating the milk as well.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At home, I now have the Silk oat Maple and Brown Sugar creamer.

I decided to get a PSL with oat milk at Dunkin today. I can't remember if the flavor swirls count as heated milk or not, so I'm going to hope so and that it didn't hurt J's tummy, but I've been having a rough time emotionally lately, and I really wanted it as a treat.

Status
Not open for further replies.