Coffee and Tea Talk - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Had the Tim Hortons dark brew this morning.. on strong..
right now, as it is hot and humid.. in the nineties.. I stopped at SB for a treat.. I got a Paradise Drink.. so good, pineapple refresher, with coconut milk.. really good.. different

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Today my cuppa was black, and off and on hot since it would cool, then I'd get back to it and have to reheat it, and repeat :lol:

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Brewing up my second attempt at (drumroll) KONA COFFEE! (Alas it seems to be ‘light roast,’ all I could find). My first batch didn’t do it justice cos I ground it too fine and the French press pushed grounds into the brew. The wafting odor is just tantalizing...you could almost drink the scent. Also, not decaf…I’m slipping, after my whirlwind tour of coffee shops on holiday. :paperbag:

Box of Rain

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Brewing up my second attempt at (drumroll) KONA COFFEE! (Alas it seems to be ‘light roast,’ all I could find). My first batch didn’t do it justice cos I ground it too fine and the French press pushed grounds into the brew. The wafting odor is just tantalizing...you could almost drink the scent. Also, not decaf…I’m slipping, after my whirlwind tour of coffee shops on holiday. :paperbag:
Kona is best at a nice medium roast. The worst thing one can do to Kona IMO is to over-roast it (and this from a man who loves strong-bitter darks roasts and espresso. Kona is in a very rare group of beans that need to be kept to medium roast to be optimal (and amazing!!!).

Kona has a very special perfume. Drink in the smell once you grind (ETA: re-reading, you already have). Should be almost like Christmas spice. Makes one woosey. That special quality is lost when Kona is dark roasted.

Hopefully they nailed the roast for you. I suspect they have. Congratulations. Very special stuff.

Bill

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I heard on the news today that coffee prices are rising! 😱 They said a cup of joe will be the same price as a gallon of gas. Of course that depends where you live.

Two cups of my dark roast black coffee, both hot and tasty.
If it increases any more, I will not be able to afford an iced coffee, or a SB drink.. dam

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
If it increases any more, I will not be able to afford an iced coffee, or a SB drink.. dam
I know, I will be going less too but maybe that's not a bad thing. 😉 You can always use one of your rewards or go on your double star day. I'll be curious the next time I go to see if they really did raise their prices and how much.

Box of Rain

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I like coffee black and with milk almost equally, so I usually have my first cup from the 64 oz French Press with milk (in part to cool it off so I can drink it quickly (LOL), and the rest I take black.

If I'm up late and my wife has already prepared coffee and it isn't HOT!, I'll happily take it black.

I love coffee.

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.