Cloudy/milk kitten eye

Leoandnina

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone, my kitten is about 2 months or so, she is a rescue so we are not 100% sure. Her eye suddenly turned cloudy/milky and I don’t know what it is. It happened within a matter of minutes, one moment she was okay and I left her alone with my other car and then she had her right eye completely cloudy. I have to take her to the vet but I don’t have the money to, she is the sweetest girl.
If anyone has had a similar situation please help.

Thank you!

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

kittenmittens84

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She needs to go to the vet. Is there a low cost/community clinic near you? Does the local humane society have any resources that could help?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Leoandnina

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
They don’t really do anything other than rabies vaccines and spay/neuter

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Leoandnina

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The earliest I can take her is Friday but I don’t really have the money, and they usually charge over $150 for a simple visit

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If it is an injury, it can develop into a painful ulcer. It is worth it to google low cost services in your area - you may get lucky. This is a long shot, but you could call your vet and see if they could work out a payment plan. It may work if you are an established client.

kittenmittens84

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The earliest I can take her is Friday but I don’t really have the money, and they usually charge over $150 for a simple visit
That seems very high for an exam fee - I’m in a high cost of living area and the 3 vets I’ve been to all charged $50-80 for an exam. Do you have other vets in the area you could call and ask about their prices? They’re generally very willing to discuss cost

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can't mess around with eyes. There is nothing we could tell you (responsibly) to put in your cats eyes as the wrong medication can cause so much more damage, and not treating can cause loss of the eye. That looks pretty serious in such a young kitten. I can't believe the only vet near you charges $150 for just a basic exam and nothing else. That is more then clinics in Los Angeles charged and those were some of the most expensive prices I have seen. Have you called around to ask what an exam fee is or a new client? From there they should ideally stain the eye to look for an ulcer, and/or do a tear test or both. $150 would be a great price for all that and eye medication. If she is 2 months old she needs to start her vaccine series also, it is very important not to skip these things with a new kittens. Maybe when you take her in for her shots you can ask about the eye also. Unfortunately pet ownership comes with unexpected bills sometimes. It is hard to be prepared all the time. I struggle too. But please call around. Maybe a clinic near you allows payment plans.

If funds are tight, clinics like Banfield allow you to do monthly payment plans (not insurance, but you have to sign up for a year at a monthly fee) for routine care such as vaccines, deworming and spaying. Also carecredit.com is a way to pay for unexpected medical expenses that come up for your pets and also yourself. They tend to approve people even without the best credit so it would be worth looking into. You just go to the website and answer some questions, it will tell you immediately if you qualify and you can use it right away even before the card comes. You would have to make sure the clinic you are taking her to accepts CareCredit. You also have 6 months of no interest to pay it off if it is over $200 so that is nice. Good luck! She looks like a sweet little kitten :)

Cindyozzy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Please try and take her to the vet sooner then friday, it could end up costing you more if you wait until friday