Close-up cat photography

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Perhaps this should go in the pictures forum, but it's a question rather than a picture so I thought I'd put it here.

You know that goofy rapturous look a cat gets when you're rubbing her ears? The one that you only ever see when she's about six inches from your face? Has anyone come up with a way to photograph that look, that doesn't involve a second person standing over your shoulder?

Margret

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Perhaps this should go in the pictures forum, but it's a question rather than a picture so I thought I'd put it here.

You know that goofy rapturous look a cat gets when you're rubbing her ears? The one that you only ever see when she's about six inches from your face? Has anyone come up with a way to photograph that look, that doesn't involve a second person standing over your shoulder?

Margret
One way- and I am sure there others- would be to have a camera equipped with a wide-angle lens set up on a tripod behind you, and use a remote shutter release. By using such a lens, you are more likely to capture the image you want, and you can crop out what you don't want. Whether you could accomplish the same thing with a phone's camera, I don't know.