Clomicalm negative effects?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lscho88

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My 7yr old cat has been on Clomicalm for not quite 1yr for stress urination (everyone is home, loud kids). Its helped great! He hasn't peed inappropriately since!
The med did make him a little tired and less appetite. A few times a month he would randomly vomit too. In the past month he seems to be vomiting more and eating less. The vet is having us try to lower his dose to see if this helps and then reassess in a couple weeks.
I didn't know if anyone else has had this? The vomit smells awful! He is still active, purring, interactive with the kids etc. Though yesterday I jumped on the scale with him and used to be 13lb last August...my scale may be off but it says he is 9lb now? That might not be right but if so thats excessive! I will call the office tomorrow yes to update them and ask what yo do, but anyone had this issue? He is indoor only, my other 2 cats are healthy, no changes in food, up to date on shots etc.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!

With that much weight loss, they need to see him, re-evaluate and determine what else might be going on.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lscho88

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Original poster here.
I forgot to update - we had him seen. He had a bowel obstruction and also thickening in the intestine they weren't sure if Inflammatory Bowel or Cancer - unfortunately he didn't make it.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear this L lscho88 We always lock the threads when a cat passes as a sign of respect, so I'll lock this one now.

When you feel ready it might help to start a thread in your cat's memory in our Crossing the Bridge forum.

Rest in Peace dear cat

:lovecat3:

Status
Not open for further replies.