clipping or full service?

xerr

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi all, long time no post
First of all I wish everyone a wonderfull new year. Now comes my question :p Snowbell (my white persian) has some tangled hair under his arms, quite big to say the truth. Don't know how they came cos I brush him regularly. Anyway I asked a groomer for a solution, he told me clipping or full service? The problem is I don't know what difference there is. and another problem is the tangled hair is too much close to his skin I'm afraid he will be hurt. Usually when I find a small ball of tangled hair I just cut it with no problem, but this time I can't, cos I will surely cut his skin... ouch! If someone can help please.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
IMO clipping would be to clip out the knots; while full service would be to shave the area to the skin. I don't know for sure.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

IMO clipping would be to clip out the knots; while full service would be to shave the area to the skin. I don't know for sure.
I would think the same, but any good groomer will be happy to explain to you

palikakitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I shave most of my cats monthly with a 10 blade. I have 10 cats and became overwhelmed by the hair in the house. They look weird for about a week and then they grow out just enough to look fine. My dog groomer said she won't do cats as their skin is very thin and they can easily be cut. I have never cut one of them. I do have to buy 6 blades a year--they are $30 but it would cost me many times more than that to get them groomed. They can be sharpened about three times and then they just don't work well anymore. I understand that I could get more life out of them if I bathed my cats before grooming but that's just more than I can handle!

I won't use groomers anymore for my cats. One of my cats who had to be anesthetized in order to be groomed died shortly thereafter. So I am now very fearful of any sedation for any reason.