Climbing

yasmincittaa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My Kitten has gotten into the habit of climbing things. Which was fine at first because it was only on top of our doors but now she's getting on top of our fridge, our apartment dryer and TV's. Do any of you know why she has gotten into this habit?

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Ok, I'm rolling on the floor here just a bit because THEY ALL DO THAT! It is just SUCH a cat-thing! They love to be up high, surveying their kingdoms. Since you have a climber (a "tree-dweller"), the most effective way to deal with it is to invest in nice, tall cat trees and/or install floating shelving that she can use to get to a nice, high perch. It will help a lot, but may not stop all of it. I can't tell you how often I've been startled out of my own skin when, upon opening the cabinet over the stove, I've found Hekitty peering back at me!

Pjg8r

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don’t remember. I’ve had it probably 15 years. I have had cats love it and others rarey use it. These two (they are five months old) climb up the outside sometimes instead of using the levels. That scares me but so far so good. It hangs on the door in my kitchen and has kept them off the counter since they are higher than everything. Sorry I don’t remember what it’s called

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:flail:I'm flashing back to when Dante was a kitten and climbing the curtains before he weighed to much/grew to old to do it around 4 months. Then Salem climbing our Christmas tree at 4.5 months old when we first got him. Or Sarah & Janey giving me a heart attack at 2? months old on top of a 5 foot tall bookcase. There was Janey hanging by one paw from the top of a bookcase. Her meows woke me up & I got there in time. Though she did leave permanent claw marks on the bookcase from her adventure ;) They all do it. If you don't want your kitten by the TV sticky tape is your best bet. Kitten proofing one room to lock them in when unsupervised is good idea. Kittens will get into EVERYTHING!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
No weirder than finding Del Monte canned corn at Walmart and Kroeger or Winn Dixie. Amazon and Wayfair are just the distributors, not the manufacturers, although I imagine that the price point is very different. OH, and I DID pin that for Hekitty's Wish List!