|cleargaze| A Stray|

Heart of a Rogue

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Okay, I live in estate, and there is a beautiful, stray, grey tabby tom in my neighborhood. I am a warrior cats fan and have named him Cleargaze for his large, clear green eyes. He's starving and not neutered. My neighbors don't like him hunting the birds at their bird feeder and shoot their BB gun at him. :disappointed: I want to take care of him as an outdoor cat because my mother is allergic to cats. My other option is to take him to cats cradle, but Cleargaze has a mate and kits that live in my neighborhood. Lately I have not seen him, and I want some tips on the behavior of stray cats, and if they normally come the same way the same time of day.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Are you sure he is okay? Shooting BB's at a cat can harm them.

Your best bet would be to trap him in a humane cat trap and get him neutered, then release him and continue feeding him.

He's very handsome!

Who does the mama cat with kittens belong to?

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Yea, agree with Advisor Sarthur2 in the feeding and neutering.

Observe his movements for awhile and start feeding him and let him get use to you. Once he associate you with food, keep the timing and routine and feed him close to your house and slowly right at your doorstep.

If he gets regular feedings, he'll not move around to look for food and he'll probably leave the birds alone and won't get shot by the BB gun.
Also neutering him will stop his roaming in finding a mate and have a population boom.

He's a gorgeous cat! :lovecat:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Heart of a Rogue

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm almost positive he's okay. I just know he was hungry enough to eat dog food. I did not give him much, because of the low levels of taurine. He apparently caught one of the wild rabbits in my neighbor's yard, so he is well enough not to limp and scare prey away with a hurt leg. And he doesn't seem to show any signs of other injuries. He might possibly have an owner, but I don't think he does, seeing as he was very hungry. Every time I see him, he is with a tabby Siamese, who I have assumed to be either his mate or daughter. His mate lives with someone who lives a few houses down from mine, and she is beautiful. I don't know if she is really his mate, just that she had kittens, and there is a stray tom around. He is a very tame cat, and loves being petted. That's the only thing that makes me think he's a house cat.

Heart of a Rogue

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh, and that's not a picture of him, but it's as close as I could get.

mokapi

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Fellow Warriors fan here...from about 12 years ago :lol:

Important to remember that the cats in the Warriors series are HEAVILY anthropomorphized, and that cats do not mate for life (a pair bond is different). He will not pine for the female he bred with, nor the kittens, as male cats don't really partake in any litter-raising activities. If the cat he is with is his daughter, he would be breeding with her, not teaching her all the best ways to hunt, as cats do not understand how genetics work, and have no comprehension of inbreeding.

I would recommend taking him to the rescue- Cat's Cradle, was it?- as even a neutered outdoor cat lives a much more dangerous life than any indoor cat. The neighbors will likely not stop shooting BBs at him, especially if it worked temporarily to keep him out of their yard.

If you can catch him and take him to the rescue, they should check him for a microchip, which would let you know a little more definitively if he has an owner or not.

Heart of a Rogue

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yeah, I know they don't live like warriors, and I'm not even sure they were related in any way. I just normally see Cleargaze when the other cat is around, though I have seen the other cat alone.

mokapi

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I know they don't live like warriors, and I'm not even sure they were related in any way. I just normally see Cleargaze when the other cat is around, though I have seen the other cat alone.
Hmmm...maybe it's possibly that they're both fixed, and are buddies? Both of my cats are neutered, but you wouldn't know it just by looking. Both of them still look like they have all their parts.

There's a brother-sister-brother trio that lives in my neighborhood. They were affectionately named Tiger (brother #1, neutered), Shoe (sister, spayed), and Daisy (brother #2, intact). They all hang out mostly together; Shoe and Tiger aren't nearly as skittish as Daisy. There's another HUGE cat named Howard (neutered); we jokingly call him Shoe's boyfriend, because they always cuddle up together. Hopefully both of your neighborhood kitties are secretly fixed, and just enjoy each other's company :)

Heart of a Rogue

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Trust me, Cleargaze's balls are definitely in place XD. But it might be that they are buddies.