Clavamox and probiotics question

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sos2484

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
There is no way to know that at this point. I am hoping that your regular vet reviewing all the tests/results will give you some more to go on. That is a lot of tests, and the results should help your regular vet determine what might be the next steps. Keep us posted, please!
I have one other question… all of a sudden, starting this morning, Oliver started urinating a little bit every hour to two hours. I told the internist and she said it can happen when they come home from a vet stay (I have never heard this) she said Watch him closely and as long as he’s urinating it should stop. He’s been on clavamox since yesterday and another antibiotic before that. Have you ever heard of this?

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
No, I haven't. But I suppose it is possible, especially with some cats that tend to run a bit anxious - as vet visits can cause anxiety. All you can do is as the internist suggested and watch him, since they gave you no other options. I don't know what antibiotic he got first, nor why they chose Clavamox now - nor do I understand why he is on any antibiotics if he doesn't have an infection. Again, I totally do not understand how there can be kidney infection if there is no UTI. So, all of that is something you need to ask about and get clarification on. You also said his creatinine is high - but 2.3 is typically in range for most lab processing statistics, so I am still confused about the purported kidney disease. Another thing to get clarification on.

But, for sure, if it continues this way for another day or so, I would be calling them back and letting them know. Also, call them if he goes to the litter box and tries to pee but nothing comes out.

Have you had a chance to get all the tests/result reports? Maybe something in them would explain more for you. Not only that, but it would help you to formulate a list of questions to clarify with the vet. And, once that happens - take notes when talking with them. It helps a lot to have notes to go back and reference because the information they share with you can be overwhelming and easy to lose details in your head over time. It also helps in identifying additional questions that need to be asked in a follow up conversation.

Maybe others who have experienced this pee issue with their cats after a vet visit will see your post and respond to let you know about it?

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

sos2484

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No, I haven't. But I suppose it is possible, especially with some cats that tend to run a bit anxious - as vet visits can cause anxiety. All you can do is as the internist suggested and watch him, since they gave you no other options. I don't know what antibiotic he got first, nor why they chose Clavamox now - nor do I understand why he is on any antibiotics if he doesn't have an infection. Again, I totally do not understand how there can be kidney infection if there is no UTI. So, all of that is something you need to ask about and get clarification on. You also said his creatinine is high - but 2.3 is typically in range for most lab processing statistics, so I am still confused about the purported kidney disease. Another thing to get clarification on.

But, for sure, if it continues this way for another day or so, I would be calling them back and letting them know. Also, call them if he goes to the litter box and tries to pee but nothing comes out.

Have you had a chance to get all the tests/result reports? Maybe something in them would explain more for you. Not only that, but it would help you to formulate a list of questions to clarify with the vet. And, once that happens - take notes when talking with them. It helps a lot to have notes to go back and reference because the information they share with you can be overwhelming and easy to lose details in your head over time. It also helps in identifying additional questions that need to be asked in a follow up conversation.

Maybe others who have experienced this pee issue with their cats after a vet visit will see your post and respond to let you know about it?
The urinating has definitely slowed down. I have prazosin if it doesn’t stop. I will request the records from his ER stay and go over with his dr when he’s back from vacation. Oliver and I need some rest and recovery time. He’s doing better and appetite is coming back fast.