Clara Bell's babies

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rodentsncats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I will be getting the supplies as soon as possible we have a food scale that I used to weigh Thyme and Rosemary in when they were kits

mwallace056

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will be getting the supplies as soon as possible we have a food scale that I used to weigh Thyme and Rosemary in when they were kits
Could you start weighing the kittens today and everyday. I just want to make sure they are gaining still

Last edited by a moderator:

rodentsncats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The scale I have doesn't weigh in grams or ounces :( the other one is broken. But the kittens are bright and healthy. All eyes opened ears opened.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The scale I have doesn't weigh in grams or ounces
the other one is broken. But the kittens are bright and healthy. All eyes opened ears opened.
What is it measuring in?

Anyway, whatever it does, the maing thing is not the numbers as such, but where its going, up or down, or standing immobile...

It shall go up if you shall be happy.

rodentsncats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Kilograms. But they are happy and healthy and some maybe longhaired. Thanks StefanZ

Last edited:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Kilograms. But they are happy and healthy and some maybe longhaired. Thanks StefanZ
Do you have enough with digitals visible?  As 1000 grams is a kilograme, so, 0.105  =  105 gram

If the digitals arent visible, so yes, that scale is barely useful for this purpose. Not exact enough.  But you may hopefully see tendencies...

Im very happy they are healthy and thrive!

rodentsncats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Do you have enough with digitals visible?  As 1000 grams is a kilograme, so, 0.105  =  105 gram

If the digitals arent visible, so yes, that scale is barely useful for this purpose. Not exact enough.  But you may hopefully see tendencies...

Im very happy they are healthy and thrive!
The other one was easier to read... I will pick up a new one.

rodentsncats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Clara disappeared today. :( we looked everywhere and she still hasn't come home. We ended up bottle feeding her four remaining kittens. They pooped and peed for us. So that's great. And they have taken to the feeding quite well.

tiggs2012

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
How old are the kittens now, Clara may have come into heat and gone to get herself babbed up again lol. The baby's are gorgeous, how many are there?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Oh, so sorry. Hope Clara makes it home. Glad you are caring for the kittens in her absence. How old are they now?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Clara disappeared today.
we looked everywhere and she still hasn't come home. We ended up bottle feeding her four remaining kittens. They pooped and peed for us. So that's great. And they have taken to the feeding quite well.
Good they take bottle from you.  Kittens who are used to momma are often reluctant to bottle, a syringe is easier in many cases.   And good you were prepared.

I do hope Clara returns soon!  Its surely as Tiggs says, she got in heat and went out to seek some tom cruising nearby.   A quite risky situation, if she isnt very used to roam herself outside.

So dont want with spaying till the kittens are weaned.  Do it as soon you can manage it.

rodentsncats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Good they take bottle from you.  Kittens who are used to momma are often reluctant to bottle, a syringe is easier in many cases.   And good you were prepared.

I do hope Clara returns soon!  Its surely as Tiggs says, she got in heat and went out to seek some tom cruising nearby.   A quite risky situation, if she isnt very used to roam herself outside.

So dont want with spaying till the kittens are weaned.  Do it as soon you can manage it.
Oh, so sorry. Hope Clara makes it home. Glad you are caring for the kittens in her absence. How old are they now?

How old are the kittens now, Clara may have come into heat and gone to get herself babbed up again lol. The baby's are gorgeous, how many are there?

Thanks yall, the kittens are 4 weeks old. There are four kittens, the only reason we have to handfeed is they still aren't eating solids. Clara has been an outdoors cat the majority of her life, I hope she returns, she hasn't been seen in 26 hours.
But the kittens are thriving they are quite the handful, getting in to everything.

Last edited:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
When Clara returns, perhaps you should consider getting her spayed right away so she doesn't have another litter.

It's great they take the bottle! Aren't they adorable when they begin exploring? So cute!

rodentsncats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
When Clara returns, perhaps you should consider getting her spayed right away so she doesn't have another litter.

It's great they take the bottle! Aren't they adorable when they begin exploring? So cute!
They are the most adorable. I hope she does return though.

tiggs2012

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Still a bit weird that Clara would just dissappear like this when she has such a young litter, 26hours is a long time, and a mother cat should know that even without having the sense of time, even in heat she should return for her babies. Hope she comes back soon. Have you got any more pics of the wee babies?

rodentsncats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have some more pictures, will show soon, Clara is still not back and one of the kittens have went to their new home

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Very cute kittens! Looks like they are doing well. Sorry that Clara is still missing. Wonder if someone turned her in to animal control or a shelter. Have you checked?