Cisapride liquid to tablet conversion?

hellagoose

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello! My cat has Megacolon and was prescribed Cisapride by an ER vet, .5ml of liquid solution every 12 hours (which has been working great!). However the small supply the ER vet provided has run out, and the new supply that I received from the pharmacy is in tablet form (10mg tablets).

Does anybody know what the appropriate conversion would be in terms of how much Cisapride i should be giving in mg form every 12 hours, if i was giving .5ml of the liquid solution every 12 hours? I have contacted my vet, but they usually take a day or so to get back to me, and id prefer not to miss or give wrong dosage today!

Thanks!

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'd call the vet back and insist to be given the correct dosage with the tablets. Medication dosage isn't something you want to figure out on your own or rely on the Internet for.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. I guess I am oversimplifying this issue, or missing something otherwise - but can't you call the pharmacy who filled the tablet prescription and ask them what the proper conversion rate would be? What about the ER vet?