Cindy Bun

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Most of you won't be aware that my girl has not been well the last few weeks. I shared with a few people privately, and primarily via Facebook, where I could reach non-TCS people and TCS people, alike. But now my girl gets her Bridge thread.

It started with peeing accidents, and seemed like a UTI or crystals or a stone or... and ended up being a large mass in the bladder, which was removed, and sent for analysis. The verdict: cancer. We listened to all the advice, and decided to try chemotherapy.

The first try started out well enough, but then her temperature rose, and after rounds of antibiotics to deal with what looked like a UTI before proceeding, it was decided to go with a different chemo and, by then, because she was not eating well, to give her a feeding tube.

The tube feedings started well enough, but soon she was not holding them down, and things got worse. In the end, it was clear that the chemo was not working and she was just going down, so we brought her home from the vet on Thursday, to have some "Goodbye" time, and the vet came out to the house on Friday to help her across the Bridge.

That's six weeks in three paragraphs, and I'm numb. What a sweet kitty was my Cindy, my snuggle-bun, ever the recluse, except with one of our friends whom she did accept -- and except with the vet staff, who adored her, and she responded like crazy with them. She was "the kitty with the million-dollar personality."

Run free now, little sweetheart. Mum loves you forever.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
, Cindy. You were and are loved and will be missed so much, sweetie. Watch over your mum, dad and sister from the Bridge.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Cindy, rest in peace. You will be missed but there are many on the other side of the bridge ready to welcome you there.

to you, Fran.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Forever with you in your heart....

Cindy

catmom2wires

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry Cindy lost her battle. She sounds like such a little love.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Fran
my thoughts are with you

Miss Cindy Bun you sweet angel

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I said it on Facebook, and I know you and I have discussed it, but she was my favorite of your girls- name aside, I've got a soft spot for torties, and she was a beauty! RIP dear sweet girl, and loads of hugs for you, Fran

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by CatMom2Wires

I'm so sorry Cindy lost her battle. She sounds like such a little love.
A little love, indeed. I wish more humans could have known my little recluse, for there never was a sweeter kitty.

Originally Posted by KittenKrazy

I think I said it on Facebook, and I know you and I have discussed it, but she was my favorite of your girls- name aside, I've got a soft spot for torties, and she was a beauty! RIP dear sweet girl, and loads of hugs for you, Fran
My beautiful sweetheart, indeed.

Thanks, everyone, for your kind thoughts.

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Rest in peace sweet Cindy

My heart aches for you Fran...lots of hugs and prayers

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Fran, could you let us know how Fawn is doing when you can...

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Fran I'm so sorry - I had hoped to not be seeing this thread for a very long time.

Play happily over the Rainbow Bridge, Cindy

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Fran, we all know, including Cindy, that you both did your best for your little girl

Cindy will be safely at the Bridge now, but l know she'll be keeping a close eye on you all

Have fun at the Bridge Cindy Bun, your Mum and Dad are going to miss you so much

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I am so sorry to hear this.

Your words about Cindy make it clear what a special little gal she was.

The Bridge is a bit brighter now, earth a bit less.

RIP special little Cindy.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fran, I am so sorry to hear this news. She was a beautiful girl, a special friend. You must have had a terrible time trying everything you could to save her. RIP Cindy, you will be sorely missed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

Fran, could you let us know how Fawn is doing when you can...
Fawn is doing remarkably well, actually. You'd think nothing had happened. But then, they were not that close once they grew up, and I think Fawn had got used to Cindy being less in evidence in the last few weeks, as she was feeling less sociable. I'll be interested to see how soon she decides to move in to the master bedroom, which was Cindy's protected territory.

We've had Feliway going for most of Cindy's illness to help with "strange cat syndrome" with Cindy's back-and-forthing to the vet, so Fawn has been pretty mellow, and I guess that may have something to do with her apparent comfort.

Originally Posted by jennyranson

Fran, I am so sorry to hear this news. She was a beautiful girl, a special friend. You must have had a terrible time trying everything you could to save her. RIP Cindy, you will be sorely missed.
She was, indeed, Jenny, and it was hard doing whatever we could for her, never wanting to turn it into a science project. That was my fear -- that we'd get so worked up about doing everything, that we'd push too far. But we have good vets, who were very much on her side, and clear about pros and cons, and ready to advocate for her even when it meant not doing something more. They were ever so good and helpful.

Thank you, everyone for your kind thoughts.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
So may
, and good thoughts headed to you and Rob.

May sweet Cindy Bun play happily over the Bridge.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Wished to have the power for chance this Fran...
but I can´t...

So sorry...
my deep condolences dear friend...
I really knows your pain...

RIP sweetheart, you always been missed here on Earth...