Churu Lickable Cat Treats

Nicole S

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm wondering if anyone here gives their cats Churu lickable treats regularly. I picked up a package today at the pet food store and I think my cats would enjoy them. But, the last ingredient is green tea. I know that green tea has much less caffeine than black tea. And, the green tea is the last ingredient, so, it's probably not in the product in a great percentage (this is the full list of ingredients: Water, Chicken, Tapioca, Natural Flavors, Natural Scallop Flavor, Guar Gum, Vitamin E Supplement, Green Tea Extract). So, I think these treats should be okay. But, I wanted to get a little feedback. Thank you! :)

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. I use Churu as well as about a half dozen other similar ones for some of Feeby's meds. She gets at least one 'tube' a day, and I don't see it being a problem, caffeine or not. Because I rely on them for her meds, I rotate them so she doesn't get tired of any one of them due to overuse.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Nicole S

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes, I plan to rotate the Churus with some other lickable treats. My cats tend to get tired of treats that they get for more than a few days in a row. So, I'm glad to find something to work into the treat rotation which they will like and which is reasonably healthy.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats like all the flavors. I also get tiki Stix though more expensive. Churu you can buy a big tub for $35

Nicole S

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cats like all the flavors. I also get tiki Stix though more expensive. Churu you can buy a big tub for $35
Thank you! I will look for Tiki Stix on Amazon. Right now, the only lickable treats I've bought are Catit lickable treats (and, Churu today). Another option aside from Catit and Churu will be good.

JAL57

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cats go nuts for Churus. I try not to feed them more than one or two a day, but I’ve seen nothing in the ingredients that really worries me.

One word of advice on tube treats generally: Nulo purees are a waste of money. They’re watery and super messy and my cats quickly lost interest in them.

Nicole S

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cats go nuts for Churus. I try not to feed them more than one or two a day, but I’ve seen nothing in the ingredients that really worries me.

One word of advice on tube treats generally: Nulo purees are a waste of money. They’re watery and super messy and my cats quickly lost interest in them.
Thank you for your suggestion. I was just looking at Nulo treats on Amazon. I'm glad to get your suggestion to pass on those. 😊

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I was doing a tube a day before the addition of green tea to the recipe. I now do temptations lickables with the occasional churu.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I also use the Temptations lickables. Oddly enough, my cats aren't that fond of the Churus. Perhaps it's the flavors I chose or something :dunno:

Lennybells

Purring is my therapy!
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cat gets Churu and sometimes Catit once a week and sometimes extras for being a very good and cute boy (bath time and brushing especially). He goes nuts. As soon as I open the container with all the tubes in it, he is running towards me and meowing!!

Cindy_123

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Blue Buffalo Tastefuls Chicken Puree in a 3 ounce squeezable pouch -- I can squeeze a dollop on the end of my finger and offer it to my cat and it is the right consistency to not dribble off my hand in the process. The ingredients are chicken, broth, tapioca, vegetable oil & guar gum. It costs just under $2 for 3 ounces so it is cheaper than most tube snacks on a ounce-by-ounce basis.

Nicole S

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Blue Buffalo Tastefuls Chicken Puree in a 3 ounce squeezable pouch -- I can squeeze a dollop on the end of my finger and offer it to my cat and it is the right consistency to not dribble off my hand in the process. The ingredients are chicken, broth, tapioca, vegetable oil & guar gum. It costs just under $2 for 3 ounces so it is cheaper than most tube snacks on a ounce-by-ounce basis.
I will have to look for those. One of my kitties loves the Blue Buffalo Tastefuls Chicken Pate. So, I'll be that she'll love the squeezable version. Thanks! :)

Last edited:

Krienze

Officially a cat lady now. No regrets.
Super Cat
Purraise
My cats go CRAZY for Churu. They love that and the tiki cat wet treats. But I found churu is really affordable in the big tubs so I started buying that on amazon!

Nicole S

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cats go CRAZY for Churu. They love that and the tiki cat wet treats. But I found churu is really affordable in the big tubs so I started buying that on amazon!
I just bought some of the Tiki Cat treats last week, and, they really like those. They are enjoying the Churus, too. I hear ya on finding affordable treats. I just dropped $80 on Chewy ordering more cat food and treats. It's not hard to spend $80 for cat food -- it adds up fast. :gaah: