Chunks In Gravy Or Slices In Gravy Recommendations?

Richard2121

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My babies are rather picky when it comes to food but I can get them to eat a good mixture of foods like Fancy Feast classic pates, Tiny Tiger Chunks in Gravy, Dave's cat food Shredded Chicken in gravy, and occasionally Friskies Meaty Bits.

The only Pate I can get them to eat as of late is Fancy Feast but yesterday I tried some Merrick Pate and two of my boys ate that up. Richard, of course, refused the change! So I am thinking meaty bits, chunks in gravy, etc. are more popular for the whole clan right now. I have tried Sheba cuts in gravy and any other "perfect portions" brands, and those are not popular and mostly rejected. Are there any other brands that do actual chunks in gravy or meaty morsels style canned foods? Merrick claims it is meaty bits but it is pate style essentially with bits of meat mixed in...so its a no-go.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!
Tiki Cat After Dark does if I'm remembering correctly, I'm thinking Paws and Claws does - their pouches …? Maybe give these a try? Oh, and Merrick Backcountry's pouch foods are mostly gravy with morsels - my boy won't eat the morsels LOL
Some others; Against the Grain, American Journey, Weruva, Soulistic, Rachel Ray, Muse, Fussie Cat Super premium.

Last edited:

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fancy Feast also has Shreds, which has some gravy in it, and Gravy Lovers. I prefer the Shreds because they seem to have more substance to them than the Gravy Lovers, but both my cats will chow down either. Mingo has sort of gotten tired of the pate. Friskies also has some chunks and shreds.

mizzely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My girl hates chunks, so the ones that we tried and vetoed were Taste of the Wild, Nutro Chunks, Merrick back country, Wellness Gravies, Wellness Hearty Cuts, Crave cuts and some of the Tiki Cat and Weruva. She'll eat some shredded but a lot of the Weruva have chunky bits she won't touch.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Richard2121

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I will try some of the other Fancy Feast consistencies!! They do enjoy the classic pate and some of the grilled in gravy flavors. I am sure they would appreciate a little more variety because they always seem to pick one of the foods I feed them and decide they no longer like it or are bored with it. The more variety I can get, the better :)

qtpidani

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My guys are super picky. I can't even begin to list all the foods we have tried and they have rejected. I'm resigned to the fact that the only food I don't seem to throw away and waste is FF gravy lovers.

I have 1 guy that will eat almost anything but likes variety and grazing, 1 guy with a sensitive tummy that sometimes will eat pate, but not always but typically likes more chunks, I have another guy that I have to blend up pate food to make a liquid puree/mousse and a fussy girl that mildly tolerates dry, used to gobble up Quest raw (beef) and now only craves FF gravy lovers.

I feel your pain.....

Have you tried Farmina canned? It's not super cheap, but my guys like it and tend to not leave much to toss. What about I and Love and You? I have only tried the fish varieties but they have a chicken one, I think. My guys like some of the Soulistic varieties too.

Good luck!

Richard2121

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have been waiting to try the fancy feast gravy lovers and I think I will finally go ahead and add that to the experiment list! I will also see if I can get my hands on some Farmina just to try. I have 4 cats, I am a first time cat owner with FOUR of them and they are all under the age of 1 year old. So I am learning very quickly on the job!! :)

Cats are so incredibly finicky and weird, but I love them all dearly.

qtpidani

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My guys are meh about American Journey or Tiny Tiger, but GOBBLE the FF gravy lovers. It's like crack. I'd prefer they eat a more premium food, but it is what it is. I'm sick of throwing food away.

I've also tried the Red Barn chicken stew and they don't love it .... will likely donate it to the shelter.

If you have a Petco, try the Soulistic brand. There are different texture/varieties, but it's fairly well received at my house.

Richard2121

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I would love to say: eat Wellness, Nulo, B.F.F., Merrick, Holistic Select, etc. but they just don't want it. I have tried on numerous occasions to transition them to a more premium brand and they just give me the same old hunger strike.

I am at the point where as long as it is wet food and they will eat it without wasting can after can, then I feed it to them. :)

qtpidani

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am at the point where as long as it is wet food and they will eat it without wasting can after can, then I feed it to them. :)
I am in the EXACT same boat. Before I brought in the stray kitten last August, my boys would eat anything premium. She has turned our world upside down! She's lucky she is cute :)