Chuffing!

tamgirl99

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My abyssinian kitten started chuffing a month or two ago and it is just the most adorable thing. She chuffs at me in the morning when she's circling my head and trying to get me out of bed. I have only ever seen tigers chuff before and didn't realize some of the smaller domestic cats would do this. Does anyone else's cat chuff?

In case you don't know what chuffing is, it's a form of communication, primarily in large exotic cats, that sounds like short little whisper barks, kind of like a cough, and they usually do several once they get started. It's just so darn cute!

roxanne

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My kitten did that when she saw a picture of herself on my computer's monitor. o_o

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tamgirl99

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yuki

My kitten did that when she saw a picture of herself on my computer's monitor. o_o
Awww...that's too cute!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Punkin does it, and it was hard to convince Dottie he was doing it on purpose!

mrskelligay

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Mount Sterling, Kentucky, United States of America
My cat does that still, he's almost four years old now... He rubs his teeth all in my hair and talks kinda, it sounds like a wimper really... or that he's talking to you.... he really likes to do it whenever I'm sleeping, or just waking up.... He's also debateably a wildcat.

katie1234

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 15 year old male cat does this to me before he settles on my bed for the night, I also only thought tigers did this