Chronicals of Cello, the Therapy Cat :)

lmunsie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so so so proud of Cello today. He has been a therapy cat for awhile, but for the last little while he's been on a break because all the visits were during the day and I work all day (summer I was able). They have started Friday evening visits so I took him. Usually he does pretty good, but doesn't like the other dogs (he is the only cat). Today we found Cello a partner! Buddy the goldendoodle. It was the first dog he ever got along with on visits, which means they will be partners from now on. It was a fairly low functioning bunch, Cello is so good, he just sits in his basket and lets me bring him right up to them, some would try to pet him and can be a bit rough, and Cello is so great, he makes me so proud.... it's really like he knows.... and is just a good quiet boy, and he'll look right in their eyes. And one patient who hadn't shown any 'life' in a week or two perked up for the first time and reached out for cello, I brought him to their hand and they smiled. It is so so rewarding. *sigh* I have such a wonderful cat!!!

mystik spiral

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cello!

It's not often you hear of therapy cats. I'm glad you and Cello are making a difference!!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You sure do have such a wonderful cat.
Good on you, as well for getting into this so that Cello can brighten those people's day.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
That is wonderful that Cello is so laid back and bringing joy to these people.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That is just beautiful........ try to take some pics if you can.

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
Wow...just wow.

Cello definitely is one special cat. I can't imagine the difference you two must be making for those people.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lmunsie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone! Cello is an ultra-ambassador as well, because I find, especially the elderly, think that siamese are 'nasty'. They are shocked that he is so friendly, but I tell them that most siamese are just like cello!

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by lmunsie

Thanks everyone! Cello is an ultra-ambassador as well, because I find, especially the elderly, think that siamese are 'nasty'. They are shocked that he is so friendly, but I tell them that most siamese are just like cello!
A friend of mine at work has 3 siamese boys and they are the most loving babies! She gets that "look" all the time though when people hear she has siamese cats. Some people just don't understand that no 2 cats are exactly alike, no matter WHAT the breed.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It takes a really special cat to do this. I would LOVE to do this, but currently I don't have a cat that could handle the situation.

valksy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think that it is fantastic of you and Cello to do this.

I live in the UK and a couple of weeks ago I saw a TV show called "Catwoman" that featured a therapy cat and the difference he made to profoundly disabled children was amazing to see and put a lump in my throat. The cat was a Ragdoll which I know to be placid - he performed like a champ.