Chronic Diarrhea

prosperity

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My Samuel (gray and white) has had chronic diarhhea for many months. I think I asked about it here a long time ago.

My vet and I finally decided it was because of stress after I found Bob (Siamese) and Bob moved in to stay. I keep a supply of diarrhea pills and when Samuel gets a bout of it, I give him a pill for a couple days and then he is fine.

I thought you would want to know what I figured out.

About 4 weeks ago, I was putting my meatloaf dish in the sink to soak it. I started to squirt a little soap in it to make the meatloaf come off easier. I have always done this! I love meatloaf and other things that stick to dishes. LOL

It struck me that this soapy water could cause diarrhea and I quit putting soap in dishes in the sink from that moment on. Samuel has not had diarrhea since.
I am hoping I hit the cause of his diarrhea and that my discovery could help someone else.

jean44

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations on (hopefully) finding the solution to Samuel's diarrhea.
It certainly makes sense if he likes to investigate the dishes soaking in the sink. I hope this continues to work for you.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I NEVER soak my dishes in the sink, for this very reason! My cats are in the habit of drinking their water out of soaking bowls/glasses/whatever - even though they always have 2 sources of water to drink from. I'm always having to remind my s/o to rinse out the dishes that are in the sink if he washes his hands in it. I also have to remind him to put the lid down on the toilet so they don't drink out of there (Yuck!
).

Thanks for the tip!

KittKatt