Chronic constipation

Jack0417

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat has had chronic constipation since he was a kitten. It got so bad he had surgery. He was good for a year and it’s back now. He’s been in vet yesterday and today to try to loosen his back up.they said it’s on little poop that has softened with all the Enemas. Brought him home and won’t move. Tried to lift him and he had diarrhea where was sitting, and all over himself. I’ve never seen him like this in his 4 years. I don’t know what to do until vet opens tomorrow. Has anyone had a problem like this? Any suggestions?

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What kinds of food are you feeding him? I suggest you stop with any dry if you can.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jack0417

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
What kinds of food are you feeding him? I suggest you stop with any dry if you can.
we feed him fancy feast canned, once in a while he gets into dry food before we can pick it up. he is on pills and we put miralax in his food.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry that's rough. Sounds like you're doing all you can. We have one boy who gets constipated and he gets fed canned in the morning and raw at night. We always add extra water to his food. He gets 1/8 tsp of miralax in the morning and night as well. Canned is the way to go for constipated cats. What's his dosage of miralax? Maybe you need to increase it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jack0417

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
1/2 teaspoon. I will talk to vet tomorrow on that. I talked to vet now and she said put him in a room by himself. Not so stressful and we can see what comes out of him. Sad thing is he had most of his colon removed. This is the worst I’ve seen him