Chronic And Inconsistent Diarrhea..contagious...what Is This?! Help!!!!!

trisha422

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I could sure use some help..any advice is appreciated.

short history: I adopted my kitten 6 months ago and came to me with diarrhea. The antibiotics, antidiarrhea meds, and panacur didn't help.
The only thing that helped a little was a novel protein diet of rabbit and home cooked lamb. she atleast had some solid stools after that, but to this day her stool has been inconsistent.
They go from liquid, to cow pie, to soft, and sometimes halfway solid then pudding. There is always a large amount of mucus and sometimes specks of red blood. It changes at any given day.
She does not behave sick. Still playful, gaining weight, shiny soft coat. no vomiting..
Vets have just scratched their head and keep prescribing antibiotcs which hasn't helped...

As of recently, my 2 other cats have the same GI issue! Then main thing is solid stools and then halfway through is diarrhea with lots of mucus. All their stool also have little black specks in them.
I am devastated that my perfectly healthy cats are infected and I did this to them!!!

2 cats had a PCR panel done recently. The newly adopted on was positive for very high Clostridium perfringens, the other was positive as well but very low..i don't think high enough to give him the diarrhea he's having.

Is anyone familiar with these symptoms?!
It sounds like Trich Foetus to me but PCR test didn't catch it. Is it common for these tests to miss it?

One of my kitties is my soulmate and she has been through a lot with me....I cant take the guilt of causing infection in her perfect little self. I'm losing sleep and unable to eat over this! I can't go through with this with 3 cats!

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise